What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kavawuvi

Reflexive addition in Halo PC without HEK

23 posts in this topic

Why not use an abstract representation in memory? Then you can implement mapping to file and to memory much easier?

7oWRJVS.gif

Tiddy-bits:

I've only gotten scnr mapped out for both reflexives and references (currently just references in Proton code), though I've mapped out dependencies for tags like antr tags for getting false-positives and sheer size (brute forcing does take time).

slide other stuff out of the way (correct, but difficult).

Proton sort of does that. It actually disassembles the map into an array of tags then reassembles it, calculating where things should go, similar to Eschaton.

Edited by 002
WaeV and Ryx like this

Bringing the power of the HEK to PC users, I love it!

Hogwash! I was adding reflexives using HMT and Notepad back in 06-07, ask Philly (quag) he's the one who taught me how. We all used to go on about the "Philly Method" for duplicating tags back on Halomods.

His Plasma Rifles could know no bounds! He's also the one I remember learning HMT's EOF function from, which led to Pepsi dropping an entire project to start over. 

WaeV likes this

What he means is my method is like what Guerilla does, with the added benefit of isolating tags from the map.

If scenario editors used my method, they could increase the size of the scenario tag and not overwrite script data, which would mean that various maps won't break if you edit them in the scenario editor.

Edited by 002
Ryx likes this

What he means is my method is like what Guerilla does, with the added benefit of isolating tags from the map.

If scenario editors used my method, they could increase the size of the scenario tag and not overwrite script data, which would mean that various maps won't break if you edit them in the scenario editor.

I'm well aware. I joke around a lot, hard to pick up on it sometimes.

I'm well aware. I joke around a lot, hard to pick up on it sometimes.

I don't get it. It sounded like you thought you had a better idea than me.

Edited by 002

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0