What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reginasaurus

Has anybody here made their own games?

14 posts in this topic

I've programmed two finished video games, around 8 or so incomplete/prototyped games that have some fun value, and 3 or so failed attempts that have no play value. I've utilized OpenGL, Panda3D, Unity, some TI calculator API. Suck at art. Like modding, but probably to a greater extent, it widens your view on game design, and teaches the difficulty of actually getting something done. Not really interested in writing 'em anymore.

WaeV, Samuco and Reginasaurus like this

Tiddy-bits:

My first big software project was "Battle System" written in QBASIC. It was pretty shitty... definitely more fun to make than to play. It was vaguely based on the Morrowind character creation screen.

I lost everything Halo modding related when my hard drive crashed a few months ago,

If I had a goddamn nickel for every time...

Reginasaurus, Takka and TCK like this

I've helped my friends out in making a few games. One such game is from a Gamejam session. It's called Burger Katamari, where you essentially roll around as a hamburger making yourself. It was extremely fun. Since I'm not a programmer by no means, I just used 3dsmax to model and texture some of the items in the game. Another game I've helped to model doesn't have a release date yet and is still under construstion. It's a shooter with a desctuctible map. It's very, very easy to make your own game with some of the technologies out today. Of course if you want a good game with lots of content you're gonna need a team for that lol.

Reginasaurus likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0