Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Solaris

Elder Scrolls Online

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

I would like to address your PVP section.  While you are of course not going to be able to hop right into a huge coordinated battle right as you jump into Cyrodiil, that doesn't mean they don't happen.  In order to get in on those huge fights you have to at least be in a group, preferably with teamspeak, and even more preferably in a guild you're familiar with.  I ran with a guild called The Fatal Legion for a while and I literally just had to type "TFL" into the guild chat and I'd get auto-invited to the group so I could see where my other group members were, and then I was in Teamspeak so I could hear discussions, orders, etc.

As for siege weapons, and costs, you don't have to spend a single gold coin on any of it.  Just by participating in a few fights you start to accumulate Alliance Points which can be used to buy siege weapons, wall repair kits, siege repair kits, and even soul gems.  As long as you actually have a group and lob a meatbag on occasion you'll get more than enough alliance points to fill your inventory and bank with an array of siege weaponry.  I've got around 20 fire ballistas and that's after I had to get rid of some of them.

Different siege weapons have different strengths, but even with a stone trebuchet (most effective against walls and towers) you aren't going to smash a wall in two hits.  But you should never be attacking a keep on your own; you should at least have a group of five people and if you know what you're doing, five people that set up siege all at once can take a keep in five minutes.  Depending on location, that's just enough time to take it over before enemy factions can reach the keep on foot (because they can't port to a keep that is "burst")

I have to give you a point on the horse bit though.  Without a horse that at least has a few levels in speed, you'll fall quickly behind when your group relocates to other keeps.

As for not being able to teleport to a keep that's under attack, what would you expect?  If anyone could teleport to a keep that's under attack whenever they want, there's almost no penalty whatsoever for dying while defending the keep.  And it would also eliminate the ability of small, coordinated groups to take keeps because the moment one is attacked, the entire faction is going to teleport straight there.  Forward camps were a way to help in defense, and yes they were removed but they are supposed to be making a comeback.

Still, unless you're reasonably close to veteran rank or preferably well above VR1, you won't be able to do much hand to hand combat in Cyrodiil like I can.  My main's name is Butters-the-Merciful, and I am a Veteran Rank 5 Templar.  My build is literally designed to the best of my ability for survivability.  I can't do a lot of damage, but it takes multiple enemy players on equal footing to take me down very quickly.  Many times this has been enough for someone to come along and help me out.

Oh, also, fuckin' dominion scum.  LONG LIVE THE COVENANT.

Edited by Skeezix the Cat
WaeV likes this

oVoXWXc.png

>I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne

>Is basically an Altmer infant

Don't get me wrong, I would totally tap Queen Ayrenn.  But the Dominion is full of pulse spamming monkeys and you snooty elves can kiss the gilded plate firmly covering my ass.

Then there's the Pact.  They're like the glue eaters of the three.

Solaris likes this

oVoXWXc.png

I feel like I should update this review since there have been a lot of changes since I wrote it. Especially with lower level players being automatically leveled out to level 50 stats in PvP.

Grumpy UNIX and Cloud Administrator | 90's Boomer

Elder Scrolls Online is an MMO prequel to the events of Oblivion and a couple hundred years after the events of Morrowind.

Are you quite sure?

Are you quite sure?

Whoops, meant to change that. I will rework this review later.

Grumpy UNIX and Cloud Administrator | 90's Boomer