What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Krazychic

Dentist - you know you love 'em

14 posts in this topic

My son had his wisdom teeth taken out while in the army, he was supposed to deploy to Afghanistan at the time and was told he had to have them removed before he went.

I know medical care while in the military is free but he showed me pictures of the teeth after being pulled and it looked like the dentist (and I used the term loosely) had done the job with a pneumatic chipping gun.

Yeah, military doctors tend to have that reputation. =|

Iggy likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Tiddy-bits:

My fifth grade teacher had to take most of the year off since she was pregnant with twins. This made it possible for my dentist's mother to be our substitute teacher, funny enough. I had a terrible dentist as a child so I'm glad we later made the switch. My current dentist is *also* my dad's friend which made it a lot easier for me to stop fighting when it came to needles.  Since my dentist was connected to my home life it helped me more-quickly obtain self-control and get rid of the bad habit of physically fighting my dentist. Since I knew he was an awesome guy with an awesome mother who cared about providing a positive experience it was easier to accept the pinch (of the numbing needle) and pain. 

I'm glad your daughter is a stronger cookie than I. I've hurt more than one physician in my time attempting to escape a needle. haha I can't even imagine what could have happened if I needed to get multiple teeth pulled!!!

xvii likes this

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0