Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for modders and technology enthusiasts; have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

WaeV

Cool Software

102 posts in this topic

Google Chrome is pretty much the new standard for internet browsing. One day, even Microsoft will decide it should abandon IE for Chrome.

What else is cool? YIM used to be cool from 2008-2010. But those days are gone. Even the new WLM isn't as great as before (i've always used ebuddy anyways).

No one wants to talk about forum software? I used to like Proboards, but now the service sucks, and it's latest release that's coming up is going to be a disaster. Admins can longer see the e-mails of their members. :/ All the good software is gone...

Have fun with your botnet.

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Good thread, I don't have much to offer though =p

HWMonitor

HWMonitor is a hardware monitoring program that reads PC systems main health sensors : voltages, temperatures, fans speed.

The program handles the most common sensor chips, like ITE® IT87 series, most Winbond® ICs, and others. In addition, it can read modern CPUs on-die core thermal sensors, as well has hard drives temperature via S.M.A.R.T, and video card GPU temperature.

*Picture*

Download

Makes you a bit nervous when you actually play a game while watching it in the background and seeing how much your computer is doing.

Ugh, there's a reason I'm in favor of FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) rather than freeware/adware. Ccleaner is alright, because you can always download the "slim" installer that comes without side-by installs or toolbars or anything. But I just downloaded YouTubeDownloader, and it came with Widgi, Spigot, Bing/Yahoo search, all kinds of shit.

I'm only installing it just now, so I can't really comment on its effectiveness, but here's a FOSS replacement for YouTubeDownloader called xVideoServiceThief: http://xviservicethief.sourceforge.net/index.php?action=home

COyDVZP.png

Takka933 and NeX like this

Guessing everyone here probably already knows about this one, but just in case not - http://puush.me/

Kind of like gyazo (another screen grabber), except you don't have to pay to see your whole gallery (which is 200mb's worth.)

61e902c0e7686ecd55d8bb8abd36c622.png?1365208633

I wish someone would just make a puush like client for imgur already. I like the instant sharing, but not being able to direct link to images is ridiculous.