Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SgtPeppers

Spawn With More Than Two Weapons

13 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I am editing b40.map and am trying to get the game to spawn the player with four weapons. I've tried HMT, Lethargy, and Eschaton. I've checked in [bipd], [scnr], [weap], and [matg] and have tried multiple plugins with no luck, I've only seen options to swap out the existing ones. Is there another program I should use for this, or am I missing something really obvious?

Anyone care to point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Tiddy-bits:

Should be in the scenario tag. Scroll down in the reference swapper until you see two weapons on top of each other (assault rifle followed by pistol), followed by nulled out references. The two nulled out directly underneath that pistol reference should be the two that dictate this setting.

Alternatively, there should be a drop down somewhere in the meta editor section about "starting equipment", with 4 chunks, chunk 1 would be AR, chunk 2 would be pistol, chunk 3 and 4 null by default.

I'd give a third weapon option to be plasma pistol initially, so as not to overpower the player at the start, but they will be able to replace it with anything afterwards, and the slot will remain open. With 4, the player will always be OP, so just go for it.

KsqHutE.png

What a prompt reply, thank you.

I've tried both options with no luck, unfortunately. The "starting equipment" section is completely grayed out and I am unable to make any changes from there, and there are no nulled out weapons under the reference swapper.

Here is a screenshot of both:

GtxYuOv.png

I also sorted the tags by name and looked through every "nulled out" tag, all of which were either [snd!] or [sbsp], no [weap].  :wacko:

Ok, try looking in the biped tag for the master chief (cyborg). You should still be looking for the AR/pistol duo sitting in the references.

Also, what tags did you have to use Eternal Lightning to get? The renaming scheme is nasty and will make things very cumbersome very fast.

I also sorted the tags by name and looked through every "nulled out" tag, all of which were either [snd!] or [sbsp], no [weap].  :wacko:

Yeah, I think my suggestion only works for MP maps

KsqHutE.png

The two weapon tags (AR/pistol) are listed under the MC, but they are the only two. I'm actually not playing as the Chief for this mod, though.

Also, what tags did you have to use Eternal Lightning to get? The renaming scheme is nasty and will make things very cumbersome very fast.

I used Eternal Lighting to unprotect a this Halo CE map, so I can play as Samus on Assault on the Control Room. I have no intention of ripping off anyone's work as this mod is just for my own personal use.

It's been a pain in the ass to find the correct tags with everything being renamed, but for the most part I've gotten everything to work via trial and error. The only thing I can't figure out is how to spawn with the four beam cannons. As of right now, I'm spawning with two, and picking up the other two later in the map. 

What's interesting is, under Samus' [bipd] tag, the four beam cannons are present, but the player will not spawn with any of them by default. I have to edit the Player Starting Profile to get her to spawn with the beam cannons, but I can only choose two of the four.

Here are the references under the Samus biped:
JhzibCQ.png

And the MC's for comparison:
se7A2Sj.png

Here's a screenshot for anyone who is curious. :)

F5TluEQ.jpg

Thank you again for the help!

Ohhhhh. That's actually pretty cool as a mod concept! I always liked those MP maps, but I do wish the teams hadn't protected the maps, they were very well done.

I don't think you're going to be able to use standard halo weapons, as animations and such will probably not work with that biped and FP model. Lots of complicated issues to get around for that to work

KsqHutE.png

Oh, no I totally understand. I'm just trying to get the player to spawn with the four beam cannons that they would normally spawn with in the Talon Overworld map. Perhaps I'll just have to pick them up somewhere in the map rather than starting off with them. Oh well.

Should be in the scenario tag. Scroll down in the reference swapper until you see two weapons on top of each other (assault rifle followed by pistol), followed by nulled out references. The two nulled out directly underneath that pistol reference should be the two that dictate this setting.

Alternatively, there should be a drop down somewhere in the meta editor section about "starting equipment", with 4 chunks, chunk 1 would be AR, chunk 2 would be pistol, chunk 3 and 4 null by default.

I've tried both options with no luck, unfortunately. The "starting equipment" section is completely grayed out and I am unable to make any changes from there, and there are no nulled out weapons under the reference swapper.

Here is a screenshot of both:

GtxYuOv.png

Hmm... I wonder if your specific scenario is the problem? Try investigating NeX's suggestion on a different map and see if it works there. If so, we might be able to "fix" your map to support four weapons.

Well for single player i think it defaults to the biped's weapons, which is odd because i see the 4 slots for the samus biped in his screenshot, along with the two from MC...theyre where they should be and there are 4, so its odd...

KsqHutE.png

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0