Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! - EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PerfectDark

I can haz GTA 5 PC thread?

139 posts in this topic

I find (still on xbox 360) that its a balance of both. When I got bored of the storyline, I hop into multiplayer, battling against and trying to outwit ACTUAL people in the game I find rather fun, or when you try to kill someone and they do a cheap killstreak / spawnkillstreak on you, then you stalk them around the map and taunt them endlessly for being a douche.

One activity I find rather fulfilling is watching the kill feed. if a low level player is being killed repeatedly, I go try to help them, drive them around for a bit, go fly planes / helicopters with them. Generally try to show them a good time. If they are being killed by the same person over and over then I go all rambo and act as protector. I cant stand high levels picking on lower levels.

Then when I get bored of multiplayer, I head back into story and enjoy the scripted bits you cant get in multiplayer

nicksartthread.jpg

19th person to join the forums

:D

Tiddy-bits:

I find (still on xbox 360) that its a balance of both. When I got bored of the storyline, I hop into multiplayer, battling against and trying to outwit ACTUAL people in the game I find rather fun, or when you try to kill someone and they do a cheap killstreak / spawnkillstreak on you, then you stalk them around the map and taunt them endlessly for being a douche.

One activity I find rather fulfilling is watching the kill feed. if a low level player is being killed repeatedly, I go try to help them, drive them around for a bit, go fly planes / helicopters with them. Generally try to show them a good time. If they are being killed by the same person over and over then I go all rambo and act as protector. I cant stand high levels picking on lower levels.

Then when I get bored of multiplayer, I head back into story and enjoy the scripted bits you cant get in multiplayer

good guy nickweb.

i find that it's a balance as well. and multi has the level up and rewards system if you're into that kind of thing.

or if you can't help it like me. i finally unlocked the AK47 today and just turned the game off

nickweb likes this

Anyone else get huge performance gains from the latest patches?  Before I got 30-40 fps with most things like textures/shaders/shadows set to very high, but now I can actually turn everything on and get 40-60fps in most places.  The problem initially was stutter, and it has significantly gone down.

oVoXWXc.png

Anyone else get huge performance gains from the latest patches? Before I got 30-40 fps with most things like textures/shaders/shadows set to very high, but now I can actually turn everything on and get 40-60fps in most places. The problem initially was stutter, and it has significantly gone down.

Last time I played my FPS hit the shit. I was getting 40ish FPS, when I had been getting 75ish FPS.

I think I know why I got such a performance boost.  I didn't have my second monitor enabled and the game shows I have 8192MB of VRAM available when before it was 4096.  I knew dual monitors basically cut your VRAM in half, but I never really noticed that I still had 4GB in the game.  What I still don't get is how is it stacking?  I thought we were only going to get pooled GPU memory in DX12.

oVoXWXc.png

Is it bad that I got bored of the game after a week? I only really played the online portion of the game. I'll eventually play the story... I guess.

I feel like the only thing keeping me playing the online mode is the fact that I have 3 friends who play as much as I do, which makes it infinitely more fun.

I assume the story is the same as it was in the 360/PS3 versions, right? Nothing new added? 

Yeah, I dont play GTA anymore lol. Hawken has my attention......for now

Now they know why they fear the Perfection. Now they know why they're afraid of the Dark.

FINAL-SecondTryatBarbedWireMinis-1_zpsvp

Yeah, I dont play GTA anymore lol. Hawken has my attention......for now

MWO!!!!!!!!!!