What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PerfectDark

I can haz GTA 5 PC thread?

139 posts in this topic

A 270x can run it at highish settings at lower resolutions like 1080p and can be found for less than $200, in fact you could probably get one for $150.

What kind of VRAM usage do you guys get? I keep seeing people say the in game counter is wrong, but I checked mine against MSI Afterburner and can confirm 6.5GB usage with most things on their highest, tessellation and AA off at 1440. I get about 40fps in most places, and almost never dip below 30 but as I only have 4GB ram in each GPU I get bits of stutter but no pop in. Gonna try lowering texture down to just high

planning to buy a 750 TI but the money is low. i am super poor. i also need a new PSU. No chance getting this in the next months.

Yzqvc19.png

Tiddy-bits:

Does anyone else use user music for the Self Radio and notice the music skipping on occasion?

Yes, actually it'll lag my game dead cold for at least 2-3 seconds, cant have that shit happening lol. I just play foobar2000 outside of the game when i wanna listen to my own music now.

I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD ANOTHER FIVE FUCKING GIGABYTES?  WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCKING FUCK.

You saw that the game was 65 gb and they only gave us 60gb worth of encrypted files lol. i remember that night, it was bs though. Sat there from 4pm to like 5:30 before i could touch the game. Dat initialization ui and "Play game when ready" screen >_<

People have been whining on reddit that multiplayer is terrible when it comes to ease and quickness. Simple things take a bunch of clicks, the ui isn't neat or intuitive, I cant even play past the first tutorial race, it fails to load in time I think, and just gives me some error and disconnects me, so I said fuckit I'm done, went back to Single player that night and never looked back.

In other news I've been playing around with sticky bombs. Did not know you could place 20 sticky bombs on the front of a car and send it sailing to kingdom come.

Also, last night I kept swapping between trevor and michael and finally got them together, i shot at trevor just to see what it'd be like and ended up running him over, was about to switch to him when i noticed he went to the hospital......I honestly don't know what I expected to happen :/

This is probably all old recycled news to people who've already played the game on consoles, meh

Sceny likes this

qLaaeEJ.png

You saw that the game was 65 gb and they only gave us 60gb worth of encrypted files lol. i remember that night, it was bs though. Sat there from 4pm to like 5:30 before i could touch the game. Dat initialization ui and "Play game when ready" screen >_<

I bought the retail version, not steam.  The one with discs, I kind of expected to get the whole game on those seven discs but oh well, I got over it.  Now the game just crashes when I try to start it D: I think my mobo is dying.  All my USB ports are gradually failing and I've been getting bluescreens.  Pretty sure they're because of the USB ports malfunctioning.

oVoXWXc.png

Where there's a bluescreen there's bad drivers. Get your drivers up to date honky

Having recently updated drivers is actually on my shitlist of potential causes.  Update=/=better.  But anyway, I fixed my game freezing when loading story mode by removing my user profile out of my documents (my save game basically) and starting a new one.  Played through the prologue, then while the game was running I deleted the new profile and moved my old one back in.  Went back in the game and went to load the save, and I picked the autosave right before my latest save and everything worked!  Haven't had a problem with it since.  No bluescreens today either.  My RSC username is Skeezix_the_Cat by the way.

Edited by Skeezix the Cat

oVoXWXc.png

Just made a 13 mile endurance race around Los Santos. It's pretty straight forward, but I wanted a path I could test my cars on, this should be interesting. Obviously people will bring their customized Adders and Zentornos so whatever...blah

Max Players: 8
Accepted Cars: Super, Sedan, Sports, Muscle, and Coupes. Dunno if custom cars are accepted but I'm almost positive I allowed it. Either that or it never gave me the option to poke that.
Distance: 13.05 Miles
Noon, Clear weather (ideal conditions)

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/prfctdrk/games/gtav/pc/jobs

qLaaeEJ.png

Just made a 13 mile endurance race around Los Santos. It's pretty straight forward, but I wanted a path I could test my cars on, this should be interesting. Obviously people will bring their customized Adders and Zentornos so whatever...blah

Max Players: 8

Accepted Cars: Super, Sedan, Sports, Muscle, and Coupes. Dunno if custom cars are accepted but I'm almost positive I allowed it. Either that or it never gave me the option to poke that.

Distance: 13.05 Miles

Noon, Clear weather (ideal conditions)

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/prfctdrk/games/gtav/pc/jobs

I was thinking of doing something similar myself, I'm surprised R* didn't implement their own "grand tour" kind of race but I guess they thought your standard GTA V player wouldn't go for that.

I haven't actually had a look at the creator yet, is there a lower limit to the amount of checkpoints you can have in a race? I was thinking of making a race that starts at the airport and finishes to the east of Paleto Bay, with the only checkpoint being the finish line. I think it'd be kinda cool to let players pick their own route to the finish.

I was thinking of doing something similar myself, I'm surprised R* didn't implement their own "grand tour" kind of race but I guess they thought your standard GTA V player wouldn't go for that.

I haven't actually had a look at the creator yet, is there a lower limit to the amount of checkpoints you can have in a race? I was thinking of making a race that starts at the airport and finishes to the east of Paleto Bay, with the only checkpoint being the finish line. I think it'd be kinda cool to let players pick their own route to the finish.

From my experience on the 360 version of the game, the minimum you can have for a race is set on distance, not checkpoints.

So in theory yes you could make a race with only one finishing checkpoint

nicksartthread.jpg

19th person to join the forums

:D

Is it bad that I got bored of the game after a week? I only really played the online portion of the game. I'll eventually play the story... I guess.

Is it bad that I got bored of the game after a week? I only really played the online portion of the game. I'll eventually play the story... I guess.

the online gets old fast. the story is more compelling and has more fun packed in because of the setpieces and whatnot that multiplayer just can't have.

Skeezix the Cat likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0