What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Aurodox

What did you do today?

2,083 posts in this topic
18 hours ago, Weps said:

Hoping everyone is enjoying their little slice of the apocalypse.

I'm so glad I moved into a house just a couple months before the pandemic. Having a backyard to go out in has been supreme. My veggie garden definitely isn't enough to live off of, but it's been fun to plant potatoes, tomatoes, garlic, and cilantro.

Takka likes this

Tiddy-bits:

3 hours ago, tarikja said:

Had a trip to the capital of Europe today (Brussels)

lmao :v

zX0L5de.jpg

Nothing ruins a beautiful building like a giant Ad on top...

2 hours ago, Sceny said:

Nothing ruins a beautiful building like a giant Ad on top...

So you're a Pepsi kind of guy?

tarikja likes this

10 hours ago, giraffe said:

So you're a Pepsi kind of guy?

Sure, if it's Pepsi Max.

I still wouldn't appreciate a giant Pepsi Ad on beautiful building.

Today I finally did the homework I had pushed off for multiple weeks. Nearly every hour for over a week I clicked the "+1 hour" delay button on my reminder lol. Christmas break is over soon, sadly.

Takka and Sunstriker7 like this

Tried to do some weekly challenges in Halo MCC. After looking the challenges over, I thought I could knock multiple out in one go.

• Complete Campaign missions on Normal difficulty or higher.
  • Complete campaign missions on Legendary difficulty.
  • Complete a campaign mission with at least one scoring Skull enabled.
  • Complete Campaign or Spartan Ops missions in Halo 3 or Halo 4.

I played Halo 3, The Storm on Legendary with the Catch skull on. After beating the level, none of those challenges received any progression. Cool.

On 3/10/2021 at 4:35 PM, DSalimander said:

After beating the level, none of those challenges received any progression. Cool.

This has been an ongoing issue for almost a year. Many people have complained about your same issue. Others have even said that their progress completely resets. Pretty frustrating bug to have.

DSalimander likes this

After more trial and error than I'd like to admit, I think I figured out the problem. You MUST select the level, select the rally point, select the scoring options, select the difficulty, select the skulls, then start. My mistake was selecting the level, skipping over the rally point and scoring options screens, and only bothering with the difficulty and skulls options. This would let you start the mission the way you intend to, but break all mission completion challenge tracking.

After spending even more time thinking about this, I tried to figure out why you would be refused to go back and set the scoring options if you skip the rally point select screen. I guess it should have been more obvious but you are only allowed to do scoring if you start missions from the beginning and they assumed the only way to do that was by selecting rally point alpha. Starting missions by skipping the rally point select screen breaks the game behind the scenes. I wonder if skipping these screens was an oversight in mouse/keyboard implementation.

Edited by DSalimander
typo
tarikja and Sunstriker7 like this

3 hours ago, DSalimander said:

I wonder if skipping these screens was an oversight in mouse/keyboard implementation.

That's a pretty good take on it but it's still an oversight in edge case detection on mission start.

DSalimander likes this