Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Aurodox

What did you do today?

2,008 posts in this topic

o318tqI.jpg1pBsAig.jpg

These are vents above the break room in this manufacturing facility. You don't need all of the details, but just know that it was very technical combining them all appropriately and making them all perfectly graded and square. This is some of the best work I've ever done.

tarikja and Tucker933 like this

Kavawuvi: one of these days these glutes are gonna squawk all over you

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Just the stuff up top there took me a full day with my apprentice helping me for about half of it. Having to set all 9001 blocks took most of the time. I could only drill through the roof in specific places so I had to measure approximately where I wanted the vent to come out the roof from underneath it and then get on a lift and get on the roof and measure to the approximate spot and drill in the best nearby location. Hence the offset at the end there. Getting up to the roof took a chunk of time too. I wish I could have gone straight up though.

Edited by Sunstriker7

Posted (edited)

Finally got the metal I needed and so I built my welding table today. Just need to get lag screws to hold the vice down. Gonna add a lower shelf too but that's enough for one day.

7TVLRFF.jpg

Edited by Sunstriker7
added a word
Tucker933 likes this

Just now, Sunstriker7 said:

Finally got the metal I needed and so I built my welding table today. Just need to lag screws to hold the vice down. Gonna add a lower shelf too but that's enough for one day.

Dude badass! Keep us updated.