Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Aurodox

What did you do today?

2,005 posts in this topic
On 9/23/2017 at 4:17 PM, Solaris said:

I did man stuff with the car today. Found out that my entire issue was the Manual Safety Switch which was causing my car to not start up on occasion. It's apparently a common problem with Ford vehicles.

So I know you posted this forever ago now, but I just now saw it.

Owner of a 2004 Ford Focus. My safety switch completely broke apart one day several months ago. It broke off of the metal bracket for it and everything. I was able to piece it back together in a closed state and tucked it up in the wires of the fuse panel right there. Never had a problem with it until about a week ago when the plastic housing on the assembly cracked even further and prevented the contacts from touching. This required me to have to hold it together while starting my car every time. That same day, though, I went to a few auto parts stores before finally finding one that had one in stock and after I bought it I took it outside and swapped it out in literally only about 3 minutes. Easiest thing I've ever done on a car. If I had realized it wasn't going to be a pain I would have done it months ago.

For being a common problem, at least they had the courtesy to design it with easy replacement in mind. I tipped my hat to the engineer that came up with that one.

Mine also totally failed all at once which made troubleshooting easy.

As an on-topic quip to justify this post, I'm shopping around right now for a place i can take a math class in the evenings. Just for fun.

Edited by Sunstriker7
DiSiAC likes this

Kavawuvi: one of these days these glutes are gonna squawk all over you

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

On 10/18/2017 at 11:42 PM, Sunstriker7 said:

So I know you posted this forever ago now, but I just now saw it.

Owner of a 2004 Ford Focus. My safety switch completely broke apart one day several months ago. It broke off of the metal bracket for it and everything. I was able to piece it back together in a closed state and tucked it up in the wires of the fuse panel right there. Never had a problem with it until about a week ago when the plastic housing on the assembly cracked even further and prevented the contacts from touching. This required me to have to hold it together while starting my car every time. That same day, though, I went to a few auto parts stores before finally finding one that had one in stock and after I bought it I took it outside and swapped it out in literally only about 3 minutes. Easiest thing I've ever done on a car. If I had realized it wasn't going to be a pain I would have done it months ago.

For being a common problem, at least they had the courtesy to design it with easy replacement in mind. I tipped my hat to the engineer that came up with that one.

Mine also totally failed all at once which made troubleshooting easy.

As an on-topic quip to justify this post, I'm shopping around right now for a place i can take a math class in the evenings. Just for fun.

Hell, I would have just rewired it without the switch, kudos for actually doing it right.

DiSiAC likes this

You know I can't be bothered to push the clutch pedal in to start my GTI. :D

Puddin and Kru like this

If it flies, floats, or fucks, rent it.

Did some early Christmas shopping for the boys NERF/Minecraft and related...some new Nerf guns and ammo packs.

One of the items > ad4db3ebe0399004d28f4f1d80b5ee29854df486

h2_zpsdpjizr8c.jpg

4 hours ago, tarikja said:

Did a first batch of Christmas cookies with me mum! *<:v

Please refrain from using that swear (cuss) word so early in the year, sheesh!!!!  Bring on EASTER, bahahahahaha :P