Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
greyham_666

Downsampling Halo

15 posts in this topic

Didnt sceny toy with that a while back?

I did, but I was using Nvidia's DSR to run Halo at 5K - 5K is the max it supports at the moment (I think). I don't know what other features gedosato offers, but if you have a Nvidia card that supports DSR then you don't need to use gedosato. If you're using AMD, then its better than using their own VSR. Only a select few cards support it (R9 285, 290, 290x or 295x2), and you're resolutions are limited.

I'm interested to know how you were able to upload an 8K image to imgur, when I tried uploading my 5K images, they were automatically resized to a lower resolution.

Edited by Sceny
Quagmirian and greyham_666 like this

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

I'm running a 7970Ghz edt. , so GeDoSaTo was my best option. 

I never actually checked what the uploaded image size ended being.  brb :P

*EDIT*

So I downloaded a jpg copy of the image and it's at the same resolution I uploaded.  What format did you try to upload it in? I used a compressed png converted by photoshop from the original 130mb bmp taken by halo, which has seemed to work 

Edited by greyham_666

I did this with my Lumoria playthrough a couple months ago. The HUD is pretty crisp in Lumoria, so it fits really well for screenshots.

5rRmLdN.jpg

I did this with my Lumoria playthrough a couple months ago. The HUD is pretty crisp in Lumoria, so it fits really well for screenshots.

5rRmLdN.jpg

^Jesse's HD HUD

NeX and WaeV like this