What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShikuTeshi

Movie Review - Hobbit

Bask in all its 4K glory!!!

I don't know if these places exist in other states but the last film I saw was at United Artist, poor speakers and video quality. I often go to century theaters but none of them were playing Hobbit this month surprisingly. But forever fuck UA and I decided to drive twice the length to go to a Century playing Hobbit. It was an okay film. Probably not worth being shown in Century Theaters.

The first thing I would like to put out there is I did not feel anything during the movie. No tense, sad, exited feelings throughout any of it. Maybe because the film was so straight forward because the producers wanted to end it, I don't know.

The beginning of the film was a complete "WTF was that load of bullshit..."

It picks up after the end of Hobbit 2 and you are going to be greatly disappointed.

The title is truly misleading. I expected 5 factions, but it was more like 5 platoons.

The battles were such a huge cluster fuck that it was difficult to know what the hell was going on.

Obviously this battle is based ending, and main characters are going to die. It felt like they tried way to hard to make it dramatic, and my response to it was "Been there, seen that, whatever."

And that's literally all I have to say about this, really all I can even say. It's based around a single battle. This ending didn't feel special. The first and second were great, but it's like they never even tried with the third. It was, "Hey, we have everyone hyped for this so lets not try and just give them something."

I'm pretty disappointed with how this turned out. It looked great, but just wasn't up there.

Personal rating 6.5/10

If I were to rate the first and second, they'd be in the 9-10 range. So this was pretty bad for me and my expectations.

Edited by ShikuTeshi
Skeezix the Cat and Takka like this

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

Tiddy-bits:

Just IMO, maybe you should spoiler the part where you say

main characters are going to die

Even if it's obvious, it still doesn't help confirming it

Edited by Skeezix the Cat
ShikuTeshi likes this

oVoXWXc.png

I'm kind of excited to check this out. Haven't bothered to see the third part in theaters.

Hobbit fan cuts The Hobbit trilogy into a single, 4-hour movie

The result is The Hobbit: The Tolkien Edit. Some of the biggest cuts include:

-The investigation of Dol Guldor has been completely excised
-The Tauriel-Legolas-Kili love triangle has also been removed
-The Pale Orc subplot is vastly trimmed down
-Several of the Laketown scenes have been cut, such as Bard's imprisonment and the superfluous orc raid.
-The prelude with old Bilbo is gone.
-Several of the orc skirmishes have been cut.
-Several of the action scenes have been tightened up, such as the barrel-ride, the fight between Smaug and the dwarves (no molten gold in this version), and the Battle of the Five Armies.
-A lot of filler scenes have been cut as well.

Direct link to post: https://tolkieneditor.wordpress.com/2015/01/13/i-have-recut-peter-jacksons-hobbit-trilogy-into-a-single-4-hour-film/
tolkieneditor's website: https://tolkieneditor.wordpress.com/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0