What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Badga666

Dual Booting

11 posts in this topic

Hey all, I'm trying to decide whether or not I should dual boot the scraptop with win 8, I already have win 7 installed, will it be too much trouble? Powershell stuff :/

Machine specs:

AMD E-300 APU (AMD 6870 graphics)

6GB RAM

320GB HDD (140GB free)

Any opinions and thoughts are appreciated.

Love you all.

UPDATE:

I am now running win8.1 solo boot on the scraptop now, all concerns are now gone. Thankyou people that posted.

Edited by Badga666

"It's massive. Probably hard to tell from the picture.                                 "If you're up for it. You've done it before, right?"           

But it broke so now I'm using a puny one..." - ShikuTeshi 2017                                                                          -Tucker933 2017

Tiddy-bits:

Why not run a virtual machine?

True. Easier to set up, but a trade off of efficiency since you're simulating the whole "computer", OS included.

KsqHutE.png

I already have a virtual machine running on it using win 7, and it's already breaking the scraptop's balls.

"It's massive. Probably hard to tell from the picture.                                 "If you're up for it. You've done it before, right?"           

But it broke so now I'm using a puny one..." - ShikuTeshi 2017                                                                          -Tucker933 2017

I am now running win8.1 solo boot on the scraptop now, all concerns are now gone. Thankyou people that posted.

Cool. I hate to be a Microsoft shill (they're corrupting me =O ) but other than UI changes, Win 8/8.1 are really just a better Windows 7.

Badga666 likes this

Still running win7 on my desktop, but I'll be making it win10 very soon. A friend of mine is in the beta and has given me a copy and key to use :D

A friend of mine is in the beta and has given me a copy and key to use :D

There is no beta? There's a technical preview anyone can download and install.

BTW: Fiddled with it on one of my VMs, it's all levels of amazing.

Not that you know of man ;)

I didn't mean the tech demo

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0