What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DiSiAC

Video Game Reviewer Is Contacting the Mothers of Her Online Harassers

25 posts in this topic

I am having trouble understanding this.

You're saying 13 year-olds describing themselves raping someone, to a pedophile, would feel like being in a candy shop?

I'm not sure what there is not to understand.

I'm saying that talk like that to a pedophile would be an easy target for the pedophile.

Tiddy-bits:

I'm not sure what there is not to understand.

I'm saying that talk like that to a pedophile would be an easy target for the pedophile.

I think the reason I didn't understand it is because it seemed to sort of come out of nowhere and I wanted to make sure that I understood it.

I don't think that fake rape threats against a pedophile makes a kid any easier of a target... I think what you're trying to say is that it might seem enticing to a pedophile but that doesn't really affect anything when you're online, since the pedophile would still have to go through convincing the kid to meet somewhere.

Edited by TCK

Umh7x1l.gif

i'm not victim blaming, i'm saying drawing this shit out more is not helping the situation. when people harass you on the internet, you ignore them until they move on to something else. you don't engage them. and tattling to someone's mommy is the domain of elementary school teachers, high school principals, and that kid you hung out with as a kid that was a bitch.

Holy shit, my age and the generational gap are really showing. 

I'm constantly online, but I didn't have a clue about "Gamergate" or any of that. 

The whole thing seems silly, on both ends. 

Pandora likes this

I'm constantly online, but I didn't have a clue about "Gamergate" or any of that. 

It's more silly on the anti-gamergate side, because the media refuses to acknowledge gamergate as their opponent, and instead strawmans the shit out of GG by saying that GG opposes women and minorities.

Basically it's the same story we always hear, though; media, as a group, decide they are against something and proceed to lie about it.

Umh7x1l.gif

So you're saying that women shouldn't use one of the greatest inventions in human history because somehow getting rape and death threats is their problem? What the fuck, victim blame much?

In a word, Yes. But that would be completely ignoring your loaded-question / strawman poll shenanigans, so allow me to clarify;

Unfortunate as it may be, crying about how awful the real world is doesn't change what the real world is. You can either live in it or not, the facts are that the internet is a cesspool and everybody, women especially, are going to receive a ton of hate and threats if you're putting yourself into the public for profit. You can elicit the same responses she's gotten yourself, just go to a game trailer on youtube and critique it.

It's akin to a bartender complaining about the drunks, a stripper angry about the gropers. You're working in an industry with awful, dreadful disgusting clientelle. None of the complaints will really do anything, her sending the texts about the emails solves what, maybe 20 kids? Okay there's 500 more who just saw her name and are coming to say worse. She surely did that for the publicity not to end the insults forever. Which brings me back to;

Wahhhh, the internet was mean to me.

Can't really feel too bad in the end. Neat story, funny stuff really, but you review video games on youtube. You're surprised by shit comments? Cmon.

Weps, swamp and TCK like this

....since the pedophile would still have to go through convincing the kid to meet somewhere.

One can be groomed online just as easy as in person, meaning they wouldn't 'have' to meet in person to get off and still be labelled a pedophile. Anyway off topic here, apologies for the stray.

The big mistake all of these people make when they get "rape and death threats" is that they attempt to make even more people aware of it, instead of ignoring the threat and moving on.

I'm not saying that we should ignore threats entirely, but you shouldn't do anything about them publicly unless you want more.

Likewise. It aired on a current affair program here, well dramatised and my mum was glued to the TV.

She was like you play games, then watched it so intently. I kinda laughed lol.

Either way online threats aren't cool but the anonymity of the internet is well known for behaviour otherwise not acceptable in IRL.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0