Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xvii

Jurassic World Trailer

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

I saw the first movie in the cinema when I was about 10 or something, it was the most epic thing I had ever seen in all of my 10 years on the planet.

Movie 2 and 3 were ok, I did love the whole 'going back to the island' thing with all the dereliction and decayed buildings, because... well I do that shit all the time.

I have seen the above trailer and while I think I may go to see it and/or enjoy it, I know I will also feel let down. When I saw that the main plot will be about a genetically modified dino it lost its appeal for me. Having a modified dino basically turns the film into another King Kong, Godzilla or whatever other giant beasty film you can think of.

What I liked about the Jurassic Park franchise was how they played on what the giant beasts would actually do if they were around now. True that having a brand new dino gives creative room to play and endless possibilities, but it risks getting to silly IMO.

Film 1, 2 and 3 were far fetched, yet had an element of believability about them, I fear film 4 will end up being just silly.

DiSiAC, v3nture and swamp like this

nicksartthread.jpg

19th person to join the forums

:D

i think the genetically modified dino thing is a bit silly but plays on the public's current feeling about genetic modification, which is vague fear and misunderstanding. brings it a little closer to the heart. that being said, i love the fuck out of jurassic park from the book to the movies so i'm gonna see this