Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tiamat

G'day, everyone. Tiamat arises from the grave.

23 posts in this topic

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Seriously thought you died or something.

As you could probably tell, our content isn't specific to Halo, so maybe you'll find it easier to take part here. Regardless, welcome!

swamp likes this

I have no interest in playing a game that claims to be custom edition, but is overrun by stock Halo maps servers and low quality custom maps, which is why I've avoided Halo CE.

Regardless, Coldsnap is one of the most played maps and has dedicated servers to playing on it, so it has to be fun at least. I don't think I ever really play on any other map if I'm playing CE.

xgd0s9.jpg

Regardless, Coldsnap is one of the most played maps and has dedicated servers to playing on it, so it has to be fun at least. I don't think I ever really play on any other map if I'm playing CE.

So is Blood Gulch. There are over five pages of Blood Gulch servers on Halo CE and nearly five pages of it on Halo PC. Over 20% of Halo CE servers are running Blood Gulch. Edited by 002

What's coldsnap?

You know, that one really popular map on Custom Edition that's way too big for 16 player combat yet there are a million servers dedicated to it. No, not that one; that's hugeass. No, not extinction. No, it was around before bigass...

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - 002

So is Blood Gulch. There are over five pages of Blood Gulch servers on Halo CE and nearly five pages of it on Halo PC. Over 20% of Halo CE servers are running Blood Gulch.

There's always going to be this issue of no diversity in games with community dedicated servers. The map that gets the most players is usually what most servers want to host to keep them full.

So, blame the people hosting it for not having maps that apparently nobody wants to play.

I think CE is good if you just have a little bit of coordination between the server host and the players, you know, kind of how we play Halo gamenights. But we should be giving greetings, not muddling this topic into a discussion about a pretty old game.

swamp likes this

xgd0s9.jpg

So is Blood Gulch. There are over five pages of Blood Gulch servers on Halo CE and nearly five pages of it on Halo PC. Over 20% of Halo CE servers are running Blood Gulch.

I am so incredibly, absurdly tired of that map.

Risk and Kavawuvi like this

ZFkXnuW.png External link