Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TCK

Scripting Guide

Tiddy-bits:

Bah, all this time I've never understood how to use static scripts properly. I've always ran a continuous script, flipped a bit and then forced it to sleep until another script flipped the bit back over.

Good writeup, appreciate it for certain.

TCK likes this

Holy shit man, do you think you can add a bit relating to mp as well? This is....a really good write up. Fantastic even.

TCK likes this

KsqHutE.png

Holy shit man, do you think you can add a bit relating to mp as well? This is....a really good write up. Fantastic even.

Thank you and I'll see what I can do on that, I haven't done a lot of MP scripting myself.

If there was a tutorial on MP scripting specifically, it seems like it should be a new tutorial so that the one on the shortlist can stay generalized. Still, I don't know if I'd have enough that I can say on it to write about it.

Edited by TCK

Umh7x1l.gif

Since this tutorial covers singleplayer scripting, I'd suggest changing the title to something that reflects that, like 'SP Scripting Guide' or something. At least for now, unless you add MP content.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Since this tutorial covers singleplayer scripting, I'd suggest changing the title to something that reflects that, like 'SP Scripting Guide' or something. At least for now, unless you add MP content.

Well the only thing that's actually singleplayer is the fact that I mention singleplayer missions, but everything else is scripting basics. If I replaced the parts about singleplayer with parts about multiplayer, the rest of the tutorial wouldn't change; you still gotta know everything covered in order to script multiplayer.

I'll be sure to add that to the introduction though.

Updated:

Scripting is necessary for any singleplayer mission you plan to make, from the basic firefight to the full-fledged campaign. Scripting can also be useful for multiplayer maps, and though this tutorial mentions singleplayer missions now and again, the content doesn't cover anything specific to singleplayer missions; so if you're planning to script multiplayer maps, this is still the tutorial for you.
Edited by TCK
Takka likes this

Umh7x1l.gif

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0