What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Badga666

Please help, phone won't load any page or web based app

Last night the local exchange went down for a couple hours, and when it came back up, I was unable to use my phone, it will connect to the wireless just fine, however won't get any internet access, my PC has no trouble, and my sister's phone has suffered the same fate. 

Both are iPhones, I have tried resetting both the router and the phones, and tweaking router settings like the DNS and IP configuration, but to no prevail. Any help would be much appreciated, love you all.

"It's massive. Probably hard to tell from the picture.                                 "If you're up for it. You've done it before, right?"           

But it broke so now I'm using a puny one..." - ShikuTeshi 2017                                                                          -Tucker933 2017

Tiddy-bits:

I managed to fix it after some time, it was just an IP conflict with another machine on the network. So I've given the phone it's own permanent IP, haven't had an issue since. The reason it took me so long to figure it out because iPhones aren't capable of telling you anything useful. But thanks for your help Krazy!

NeX and Krazychic like this

"It's massive. Probably hard to tell from the picture.                                 "If you're up for it. You've done it before, right?"           

But it broke so now I'm using a puny one..." - ShikuTeshi 2017                                                                          -Tucker933 2017

Using "Forget this Network" on iOS may have resolved the issue quickly. If it was indeed an IP address conflict, flushing the iPhone's assigned IP (with "Forget This Network") and re-connecting to the router would give the DHCP server a chance to correct the issue.

Tried that several times, but the router's IP leasing lasts 24 hours. So even if you forget the network and reconnect, it will still give you exactly the same IP.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0