What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
th3w1zard1

Prevent Force Ejection from Vehicles?

19 posts in this topic

Anyone know how to prevent forcible ejections from vehicles? I was told there might be a bitmask somewhere in eschaton but was not able to find it.

th3w1zard1.png

Tiddy-bits:

I've never heard of a way to control that via tags. You can control the angular velocity at which the vehicle flips, but I've seen no controls for toggling the ejection of a biped when that happens. Might be an engine constant? I know there's a way to turn it off via server scripting (which I'm sure you know).

You got me curious and I scoured the vehicle, collision model, and physics tag for the warthog, the main globals tag, and haven't found anything. I'm going to look in a few biped tags next, but I'm not holding much hope of finding it.

Also, eschaton won't have all the info (even with sparky's), but it is decently mapped out.

*Edit*
Nope, not in the .biped either

Lol but I did find a fun flag, "rotates while airborne".

Edited by NeX
WaeV likes this

KsqHutE.png

I've looked everywhere that I could think of in eschaton. I'm sure there's a way because there's certain maps that have completely forcibly unejectable vehicles (Like coldsnap, rpg_beta6_2, etc). It should be simple, but I just can't find it.

I have found Minimum Flipping Vehicle Angle (or something) in the globals.matg but changing it yielded strange results (like changing it to 0 caused me to never be able to stay in the vehicle when it was upright) but I couldn't figure out how to use it to my needs.

I also found yaw rate and yaw min and yaw max (as well as pitch) in the mp_warthog.vehi tag, but also didn't seem to yield any results. Anyone with a solution is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Wizard

th3w1zard1.png

Changing it to 0 means the vehicle is considered flipped when it's at a roll (or pitch, dunno which, maybe either) of 0 degrees; aka upright.

Changing it to 360 might give you exactly what you want.

Umh7x1l.gif

well it's in radians, and I tried changing it to 2pi already and nothing, even tried changing it to 2pi - 0.0000000001 for the lols, but still nothing.

th3w1zard1.png

Sorry thats the first thing i tried. Theres also a flag in the Seat section of the vehicle tag capled "locked", no go.

I betcha it's an HSC script that does it, I'm using kornman's guerilla and see no differences between the stock hog and coldsnap variant.

Sure enough, here's a relevant tidbit of the extracted scripts that I found:
(Lines 269-271)

(script startup void init
(begin
(set rider_ejection false)

Obviously part of a whole and missing some closing parenthesis, but that's the portion that caught my attention. Here's the full set of scripts from coldsnap in the hsc format.

Just kidding, can't upload those. How about a .txt instead?

coldsnap.txt

KsqHutE.png

In other news, when building dev tools, never use radians as an input instead of degrees, because what the fuck.

Edited by TCK

Umh7x1l.gif

Thanks for all your help guys, I wouldn't be asking unless I was seriously stuck here and couldn't find it on my own. Still looking for a solution unfortunately

In other news, when building dev tools, never use radians as an input instead of degrees, because what the fuck.

haha true that

TCK likes this

th3w1zard1.png

*read above post*

I went ahead and made a dedicated script for it, here it is *drum roll*

rider_ejection is a global variable, so you can just switch the boolean value within the script

(script startup noeject
(set rider_ejection false)
)

lol 3 lines of pure frustration. You'll have to stick this in your .scenario path (data subdirectory, not tags) and then open the .scenario in some form of Sapien (I recommend a_hobo) and hit

File -> Compile Scripts

or

Ctrl+Shift+C

KsqHutE.png

I can't believe I didn't try rider ejection first! I even knew about it, just forgot it existed!

Sad to say, the devmode command doesn't work on PC (or at least in the vanilla maps which is what I need it for)

I'm pretty sure there has to be another workaround. Something has to tell the vehicles what angles to eject the vehicles at (or something). I'm not quite ready to give up on this yet.

th3w1zard1.png

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0