Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sceny

Halo just went down the toilet

88 posts in this topic

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

"A Spartan’s Mjolnir GEN2 software now includes a custom smart-link that provides greater aim accuracy while in the air via the HUD, whether jumping or hovering. Before you think about hovering too much, keep in mind this leaves your character temporarily exposed.

Improve your aiming capabilities by pressing the Left Trigger while in the air."

Still though, why do they even need iron sights? I suppose because game play > canon

TCK likes this

Doldrums.png

Are you asking why the UNSC needs iron sights, as in why does the model have literal iron sights on it? Or do you mean why does 343 need iron sights, as in the mechanic?

Umh7x1l.gif

I hope that's a no shields match or something. My favourite thing about Halo is not dying after some scrub puts a bullet into your toe :P Because otherwise they're keeling over way to quickly. 

Also, i dont mind the side dodging given the fact that Spartans are sposed to be genetically and technically enhanced soldiers, though im not sure how i feel about the mounting things bit. and the white sprinting lines look pretty shit at this stage.
I also hope the 'iron sights thing gets fleshed out to be more of a scope-less zoom having bigger holo graphics, rather than what it is now.  

That pistol looks about the right size for a 3 year old, and they've changed the way your fp arms cradles weapons , which i think gives it the "COD-iest" feel out of everything :/

Despite all that i rekon they'll chuck in a "Classic" mode thats alot more faithful to previous Halo games

All said and done, the beta give people a chance to tell 343 what works and what doesn't, so hopefully we see some changes prior to an actual release.

Kavawuvi likes this