Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for modders and technology enthusiasts; have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SuperShifty

graphical bugs/glitches

20 posts in this topic

Recently I noticed when moving around certain parts of maps(mostly campaign) I'll see what I can best explain as textures stretching across my screen, and on the 'Assault on the Control Room' level the glass sections within the first corridor appear gray and grainy until I approach them and look upward, then they appear as they should.

As for multiplayer maps i've only tested Bloodgulch and Battle Creek, Bloodgulch had no issues although Battle Creek i noticed it once when exiting the blue base from the front entrance.

Any ideas? :/

Halo CE - 1.10

HAC2 - Yes

OS - No

GPU - AMD Radeon HD 7770

CPU - AMD FX-4100

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Try recording a video or some screenshots. Trying to accurately describe a graphical glitch in text is like explaining what sex feels like to a virgin

KsqHutE.png

Is this a clean install? If not, I'd re-install it. You should also check AMD Catalyst to see if you have any program specific options selected for Halo CE.

was it anything like these:

or this:

both only the first one is a bit different on my end http://imgur.com/a/OkB4X

in catalyst I have anisotropic filtering on but that's it, I'll disable it and see if it changes anything.

edit-no change 

Edited by SuperShifty

looks like we both have the same issue greyham, only I'm on CE and you're on PC. I'll try reinstalling regardless, if that doesn't work could someone who isn't experiencing the issue upload the level from their folder?

If it doesn't work at that point then all I could think of is it's either an issue with the drivers I'm using or the hardware in general, which would pretty much suck.  <_<

has either of these issues popped up anywhere else in the game? It looks like we both experienced them on the same campaign missions.

EDIT- reinstalled, deleted 'HaloCE' folder within the 'My Games' folder, downloaded B40 map from halomaps along with the universal UI to access it, problem still persists.

haven't checked the B30 map yet but I'll assume the problems are still there as well.

Edited by SuperShifty

It's not a file issue, it's an engine issue. One benefit of consoles is a dev knows EXACTLY what hardware that they're using, and can base the engine around that.

On PC's you're working with DirectX or OpenGL or what have you, multiple different things with countless possible video card and processor combinations. Some setups will work properly, others won't.

For AGES, up until a recent update apparently, a Nvidia video card couldn't properly render active camo. There was no refraction or distortion on the player, it just made them semi-transparent.

NeX likes this