Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kavawuvi

Vehicle anti-camping

16 posts in this topic

This script will prevent players from camping in vehicles. Players can be warned to move their vehicle after a set amount of time, followed by kicking the player out of their vehicle in some way. By default, it forces the player to exit the vehicle, and then it respawns the vehicle (requires vehicle respawning enabled in the gametypes).

vehicleanticamp.lua

WaeV, Krazychic, Takka and 1 other like this

Tiddy-bits:

Very nice!  I included an anti-hog camping script in my taxi script - namely for driverless hogs. Unlike yours, it didn't consider vehicle movement (such as tank camping in bloodgulch - relentless forward and backward movement spawn camping) - mine simply ejected gunners and warned them and blocked projectile damage while driverless.

If you do not plan on making a phasor version, I could combine mine and yours for a neat phasor script - if no objections?

Edited by NerveBooger

Very nice!  I included an anti-hog camping script in my taxi script - namely for driverless hogs. Unlike yours, it didn't consider vehicle movement (such as tank camping in bloodgulch - relentless forward and backward movement spawn camping) - mine simply ejected gunners and warned them and blocked projectile damage while driverless.

If you do not plan on making a phasor version, I could combine mine and yours for a neat phasor script - if no objections?

It may be possible to make a Phasor version of this script, but you're free to use this script if you wish.

Huge thanks for all your scripts; currently using three of them.

This one, however, seems to be simultaneously warning and removing people.

I'm running the latest version of SAPP.

Regards.

::EdiT::

Forgot to mention a couple ideas I thought of:

- admins. excepted

- an option to disable 'hogs from firing, without a driver (would be massive for our race servers)

Cheers

Edited by JuliquE

b_350x20_C957F6A-000000-FFFFFF-750A0E.pn

I think the error is in OnCycle, last_position table column numbers are omitted or misaligned  -was  in the process of re-writing for phasor when I noticed it.

JuliquE likes this

This one, however, seems to be simultaneously warning and removing people.

I re-uploaded a new version of the script. I haven't noticed any misalignment, but I did notice that I used "1" instead of "i". This might be the culprit of the problem, as that means it's monitoring 1 person instead of all 16 players, then warning all 16 players who are in a monitored vehicle. Go check.

last_position[1][2] instead of last_position[2], etc.

- admins. excepted

Added.

- an option to disable 'hogs from firing, without a driver (would be massive for our race servers)

A separate script for this would be more appropriate. The best way I can think to do this is to disable the gunner seat until the driver is present. Edited by 002
JuliquE likes this

I re-uploaded a new version of the script. I haven't noticed any misalignment, but I did notice that I used "1" instead of "i". This might be the culprit of the problem, as that means it's monitoring 1 person instead of all 16 players, then warning all 16 players who are in a monitored vehicle. Go check.

last_position[1][2] instead of last_position[2], etc.

Added.

Works brilliantly, now. Thanks, heaps!

::EdiT::

A separate script for this would be more appropriate. The best way I can think to do this is to disable the gunner seat until the driver is present.

In my haste to give this a go, I missed that last bit in your post.

Your suggestion would be great, but there are some situations where I'd like to be able to get into the gunner's turret, independent of whether there's a driver or not.

That said, either way would be lovely.

Edited by JuliquE

In KillPlayerSilently - what is 0xD4 ?

Some player flags. I use this so Halo doesn't show a death message like "002 died" or "002 was killed by ..." when a player dies. Edited by 002

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0