What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ForkSpoonz

A Formal Appeal

13 posts in this topic

i have constructed a simple MC formula. (survival mode + hard mode) * unfairness = shit

this is my opinion, at least. i'm once again (fruitlessly?) asking for creative mode. i'm asking because it's evident in the cases of nessa and pepsi, thqt exceptions are allowed. why not for me then? i don't enjoy MC survival mode, especially on hard mode, in the slightest. if i want to play a difficult hack and slash, i'll play dark souls or TES on hard. i play minecraft for the ability to construct magnificent fortresses and innovative buildings, not to lose all my gear in a cave due to creepers. the only thing i enjoy about the present state of my server participation is talking to y'all, and playing minecraft just to do that is boring instead of frustrating. not to imply playing normally isn't boring as well. i get extremely bored when grinding for xp or minerals, because grinding it is. when building, yes, i can get bored, but at least i can enjoy the fruits of my labor later, instead of forging those fruits into a block to be made into tools later.

it is my only desire to use creative mode to build things that benefit the community as a whole, like mars' hub or pepness. i have no desire at all to build anything for myself.

if not granted this request, it is not unlikely i won't be returning to the server to play. i simply do not find it fun in the slightest. there's a chance i would return to talk while doing homework, butthqt is unlikely, as 1) i don't do homework at home, 2) when i do, i do it in my room, and 3) talking isn't conducive to working.

i hope my request will at least be considered further, because i would hate to leave the server, but in the present state of things i will not, and indeed cannot, play any further. that is all.

Tiddy-bits:

Just stop being so bad at Minecraft and don't do stupid shit at night.

Edited by iTails

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

If I give you creative more people will ask as you have, why they can't play in creative because others can.

The only way I would see to resolve the issue would be to let Pepsi and Nessa, but the issue is, it would only end the argument by giving those those who disagree with mode the server to simply not show up. In the end we have less players having fun.

So, why do Pepsi and Nessa have creative while others don't then?

Because in my opinion they've put enough into the community, not just here, but at modhalo and elsewhere as well that they're allowed to play as they like as long as it isn't disturbing others.

Our server is a based as a survival server, with the 2 exceptions. That's not going to change, we've tried it.

We could run multiple worlds, one that has creative on one end, and survival on the other. The issue is we don't have the members to make the extra half hour of daily downtime for the server for back ups be worthwhile. Even if we did have the members, my connection couldn't support it.

I'm sorry dude.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Fork, the simple fact is Nessa has it cause I have it and Nessa is here cause im here. Simple as that on the Nessa end of things. The only thing she builds is things out of wool if you haven't noticed. She's only doing Minecraft for the pixel art. That solves the Nessa part of this.

As for me, I told Tucker awhile back that I would come and play on the server on 2 conditions..

1. I have creative mode.

2. WorldEdit be installed.

That was all I asked.

I have more then proven I know what im doing with WorldEdit and can build things in a simple amount of time. Tucker knows from working with me in the past once I get a idea in my head I run with it cause I see just more then the building, I see the whole city. This goes back to the modding we used to do when I would PMI the most random shit into maps only to have people confused and then finally making sense once I had everything placed.

Now back to "me having creative" part. I don't flaunt it in front of people nor do I try to boast about it. You wouldn't even know I had it unless you seen me flying around. I stick in my own world and go venturing off only to see what people are doing and to help out when needed. This is how a majority of the "creative" servers work. No server is really on "creative" so to speak, they have shops to get items cause giving creative outright gives you access to a lot of things that can cause damage real quick. Im not saying you would do that, but if something happens to someones house or the world crashes or becomes corrupt who gets blamed? Those with creative doing or placing things. I myself have gone digging a few times and busted through bedrock by accident and had to patch those holes. If you don't, they can lead to corrupted maps. Did you know this?

The point being is that only one person on the map really has creative and that's me. Ness just has it cause she works with me making pixel art and stuff. So don't blame Tucker for handing out creative to only certain people, blame me for forcing his hand into him giving it to me cause it was one of my stipulations to joining in the first place. And if truth be told in it all, if you needed something like stacks of shit you know all you have to do is ask and id give it to you. I've done it with others with food or arrows. Its a fine line with helping people and defying the rules of the server. One of those rules if that it is played on survival but in this case is one exception.

My question to you know is this...

Say I wasn't part of the server at all and Erynn had creative. You knew she had it. Would you still be making this post? No, you wouldn't, cause you would understand thats Tucker's girlfriend and it would be expected. They have been together for almost a year. Well, me and Tucker have modded and talked for way longer then that so we have a tight bond except I dont want to see him nude.

Hope this all makes sense and you decide to stay with friends and chill then worry about being able to give yourself your own items. Maybe if you built a huge intricate structure Tucker would see the need for you to have it. Hell, I just did a jail out of 90% cobble and stone. Those items are easy found by the tons. Give him a reason to give you creative and maybe he wouldn't be so quick to shut you down perhaps?

FYI, Have you seen Omegas boat? He doesn't have creative and it doesn't stop him from making something as stunning as that.

SideNote:

Before you say "Then why do you need it?", my answer is this.. I don't play survival. I never have. Tucker knows I will just go to back to DeviantART or another game. The ball is now in your court. Your essentially asking me and Ness to leave the server without even knowing it. So you need to choose what to do and if you can tolerate one person having creative who has not only put the time in the Halo modding community for 6 years, lead forums, lead websites, designed a shit load of things, blah,blah,blah and even goes out their way to help people like im trying to do now focusing on trying to get you over the need of one person in the server doing what they are known for...

Doing shit to try to inspire people to better themselves even if they don't realize it at the moment.

Erynn933 and Takka like this

My question to you know is this...

Say I wasn't part of the server at all and Erynn had creative. You knew she had it. Would you still be making this post? No, you wouldn't, cause you would understand thats Tucker's girlfriend and it would be expected. They have been together for almost a year. Well, me and Tucker have modded and talked for way longer then that so we have a tight bond except I dont want to see him nude.

Oh Pepsi, i want to do a lot more than just see Tucker nude ; )

*Just trying to ease the tension*

Takka likes this

hyenabuddy.png

Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free. - Valerie Page

one of the problems that he talked about was that the mobs were harder to kill/he was getting raped by mobs. it wouldnt be that big of a deal it the mobs were reset back to easy? i dont know many people that would actually care about them.

one of the problems that he talked about was that the mobs were harder to kill/he was getting raped by mobs. it wouldnt be that big of a deal it the mobs were reset back to easy? i dont know many people that would actually care about them.

I had asked everyone a while ahead of time before adjusting the difficulty. Everyone who replied was fine with it and thought it was a good idea. While I understand that he wasn't around to be part of that decision, it still wouldn't have changed anything. The majority was for the change, and I can't be changing and undoing things every time someone has a problem with something, or Kelly would make it a very dull place =p

Erynn933 likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Gosh, I don't even know what I'd do with creative mode. I'm so unimaginative! It's so much more satisfying to have built something in survival mode, rather than just slapping something together like I was doing when I had creative for a while there. Also, I complain to Tucker quite a bit about not having creative, and I find that being in survival just makes one think a lot harder, and appreciate their work a lot more. Pepsi does his own thing with Nessa, and I think it would be best for fork to just forget they exist. They're in a whole different world, literally. Just work with the cards you've been dealt, I say.

P.S. thanks reaply xD

Sceny likes this

hyenabuddy.png

Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free. - Valerie Page

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0