Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kavawuvi

Proton Map Editor

93 posts in this topic

I tried it out and I'm still amazed by how fast it works, or rather doesn't work, in my case. Seems quite buggy with what I work with (but then everything does). I'll keep you updated.

What does not work? I can't fix something I don't know.

edit:

Added a dependency swapper. It's not very special, but it allows you to type in the tag class and tag path as well as selecting from a drop down menu. It also allows you to swap multiple things at once.

http://protonnebula.com/proton/dependencyswapping.mp4

It does not show individual tag IDs/loneIDs, like in predicted resources. It only shows full-sized dependencies.

Edited by 002
Quagmirian and Tucker933 like this

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Added a visual representation of maps and tag arrays.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-02%20at%203.08.5

edit: Also, you can edit map names and map build numbers, too. This can be used as an alternative to MD renaming if desired. Up to 31 characters can be used in map names and build numbers.

Edited by 002
WaeV and Tucker933 like this

Oh wow, would i be able to use this to open a rev map and see the breakdown of specifically what bitmaps are larger than others to try and minimize the size?

KsqHutE.png

Oh wow, would i be able to use this to open a rev map and see the breakdown of specifically what bitmaps are larger than others to try and minimize the size?

I'm unsure how that would be implemented, considering there are often hundreds of bitmaps tags in a map. The best I've got at the moment is just showing how big a single tag is, including resource data size, which was possible since alpha 3 I think.

I know once eschaton expands a map completely into memory it can show what tags reference aanother, which is invaluable. Is that a planned or current feature for proton?

KsqHutE.png

lVBeamj.png

It didn't like my custom dialogue tags either, but I think it failed when try to save that time. With these tags is failed when trying to import. Seriously though, this program is cool as shit. As soon as I can figure out what tags work and what don't, I'll post more. The good news is that Proton seems to either build perfectly or crash when building.

v3nture likes this

The good news is that Proton seems to either build perfectly or crash when building.

Lol i didnt know there was a 3rd option

Ohhh those are for alpha v4. I wondered why I couldn't find them anywhere in the released version xD

KsqHutE.png