Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Kavawuvi

Sprinting

59 posts in this topic

Someone needs to read the books.

Spartan IIs, without their MJOLNIR armor, can run at approximately 55kmph. Believe it or not, their half-ton suits of armor actually enhance their speed even further.

Halo isn't the first to implement sprinting, i by no means was referring exclusively to Halo. Yes they are super soldiers why they wouldn't sprinting all the time i don't know, in the game the spartans definitely don't run 55kph, so your point is mute. It is a game and gameplay wise it doesn't make sense, usually little details like that don't really follow through anyway, just the general plot usually. And yes i've never read the books nor have i ever played the campaign :). I'm not a ~halo~ fanboy.

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Halo isn't the first to implement sprinting, i by no means was referring exclusively to Halo. Yes they are super soldiers why they wouldn't sprinting all the time i don't know, in the game the spartans definitely don't run 55kph, so your point is mute. It is a game and gameplay wise it doesn't make sense, usually little details like that don't really follow through anyway, just the general plot usually. And yes i've never read the books nor have i ever played the campaign :). I'm not a ~halo~ fanboy.

Dude. Calm down.

Umh7x1l.gif

Halo isn't the first to implement sprinting, i by no means was referring exclusively to Halo. Yes they are super soldiers why they wouldn't sprinting all the time i don't know, in the game the spartans definitely don't run 55kph, so your point is mute. It is a game and gameplay wise it doesn't make sense, usually little details like that don't really follow through anyway, just the general plot usually. And yes i've never read the books nor have i ever played the campaign  :). I'm not a ~halo~ fanboy.

I bet you hate Usain Bolt, too.

TCK and NeX like this

oVoXWXc.png

I bet you hate Usain Bolt, too.

Did you see the power armor he wore to the Olympics?

Classy shit.

Sceny and NeX like this

Umh7x1l.gif

I've updated the script. You now take extra health damage when sprinting (I didn't actually set it to do this), and you must double tap the forward key (default is W) to sprint.

Edited by 002