Kavawuvi

Sprinting

59 posts in this topic

I suggest you add a message for when players start and stop sprinting, which would be helpful.

Why's that?

HAN-105 likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Tiddy-bits:

Why's that?

To help the player know when they start sprinting, and when they stop sprinting (tired), because this script doesn't indicate sprint time, recover time, or tired time. This script also doesn't have any animation like how they sprint in Halo Reach. Many people on my server have told me they need this message to help them.

It's pretty obvious when you start/stop sprinting...

But how can someone know they are actually sprinting? They can't imagine how it looks sprinting (they are just playing/don't know anything about this feature). Can you re-think again, please? Sorry if this doesn't make you feel good, but this is the point to make it work perfectly to everyone. So everyone can see their info, like how the sprint info in Halo Reach works, but script cannot directly add a HUD to everyone. This info will be very useful to let the sprinting player know when they've stopped sprinting (because tired). So I hope 002 can make an update for this situation; I just give a suggestion because this is really important on my server! Only a few players know of this feature (because I've told them), and most players don't use it because they're just playing the game. Actually, I can tell everyone with an event, but most people don't care about this, even though it's very useful and makes the game more fun/enjoyable/competitive/challenging.

But how can someone know they are actually sprinting? They can't imagine how it looks sprinting (they are just playing/don't know anything about this feature).

When they start sprinting, they move faster. 50% faster by default, which is a very big boost in speed. When they stop sprinting, they move slower.

Can you re-think again, please? Sorry if this doesn't make you feel good,

Suggestions are always welcome.

but this is the point to make it work perfectly to everyone.

Not possible. In fact, most people I know would rather not have sprinting.

So everyone can see their info, like how the sprint info in Halo Reach works,

I guess I could have a bar appear in the console or something that shows you how much energy you have. Anything else would be spammy.

but script cannot directly add a HUD to everyone. This info will be very useful to let the sprinting player know when they've stopped sprinting (because tired).

No offense, but it's hard to read this color on dark backgrounds. Please don't use it if you want me to read it.

So I hope 002 can make an update for this situation; I just give a suggestion because this is really important on my server! Only a few players know of this feature (because I've told them), and most players don't use it because they're just playing the game. Actually, I can tell everyone with an event, but most people don't care about this, even though it's very useful and makes the game more fun/enjoyable/competitive/challenging.

Doable, but it would have to be an optional feature that could be turned off by either the host or the client. Many people I know (sehe for example) dislike being spammed.

http://protonnebula.com/misc-files/vids/sprinting2.mp4

SAPP's new /stfu command can and will block this, but I may actually write a command for just blocking the sprinting meter without the need of /stfu.

edit: There, updated.

Sceny, Takka and HAN-105 like this

No offense, but it's hard to read this color on dark backgrounds. Please don't use it if you want me to read it.

Oops that red color was actually meant to make it easier to read. It's not offensive. Sorry if you think it's offensive, I will try to get different color on it. By the way, thank you for your patience. :D I am feeling good.

UPDATED POST, Reporting a bug 15/04/2015

Oh wait, there is a big bug/problem with the info. I don't know when I started to sprint. Sometimes I have a duplicate at the top of the HUD, then sometimes it disappears. It's always appearing in the middle, which annoys me when killing. It should keep the position as shown in your video, and you should be able to hide the info when the player enters a vehicle, until the player exits. Hope you can fix it soon.

Try the new version then. Know that the sprinting meter may need a decent connection to work well.

Edited by 002

I have this running with mapvote. I have an oddball game on there and it doesn't work with it for some reason - but it works with all the other mapvote games though, slayer, ctf etc ?

Also, is it possible to run this script only for certain games on a mapvote - or mapcycle even? If it is, then how do I do it ?

event_start $mode:<gametype> 'lua_load <script>'

event_end $mode:<gametype> 'lua_unload <script>'

Edited by Sceny
Krazychic likes this