What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TCK

I'm 12 years old and what is Zoe Quinn

42 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

Ok, how about we attack the people who went along with her, too? Let's start a media revolution and get the whole thing out in the open... and by that I mean make everybody really mad by prank calling them, and posting nude photos! Yeah, after we do that she'll totally care, and crumble beneath our might! All the right people are pooping their pants over this one (probably because they're 12 and ate too much taco bell), so surely there have been some productive things to come out of this, right? For instance, the super friendly folks on good-hearted 4chan donated money to charity, wow! They are totes nice and totally didn't do it out of spite at all.

I really shouldn't make all my comments sarcastically, so I'll explain like a civil person:

4chan has barely accomplished anything, regardless of the totally rad ED page. Arguing about what you think social media and "game reporting" should be also gets nothing done (even if it makes you feel nice), and is a complete waste of time. If you really cared about making Zoe Quinn care (and think she does already), what exactly was done and what do you plan on doing? Making youtube videos and posting naked photos is not going to do anything but piss Zoe off, rally the rabid pre-teen SJW troops, and make the other neckbeards raunchy with excitement. Why don't we admit here that the only goal in all this is to amass lulz while pretending to punish someone? That's pretty much what the goal always is, with everyone on 4chan. It's the same rhyme over and over, and then everybody involved is suddenly an internet hero.

Zoe is clearly a psychopath and nothing short of a complete asshole, but no amount of 4chan-brand "hurrdurr we got 'er now" is going to actually hurt her. Once it's all over, we'll just be left with a groveling mass of bored people looking to move on to the next thing. The only reason she's defending herself is because she has a chronic addiction to doing so. For fucks sake, she even had a pre-written article for journalists who say bad things about her.

Is it meant as an insult towards me when you reference the topic title?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) no~*

(sorry though, I didn't mean to direct that at you. It was incidental)

I just feel like we can say, "it's not going to do much to talk about this thing happening," about practically anything. So where does it stop if we accept that reasoning? Why talk about anything happening?

Floofies likes this

Umh7x1l.gif

Mars, your entire posts screams that you think this whole situation is about zoe.

Its not about zoe.

*looks at OP & topic title*

Pretty sure it is! If you'd care to explain why an OP explicitly about Zoe, "isn't" about Zoe, that would be super cool. The Zoe situation is about Zoe, I'm pretty sure.

I just feel like we can say, "it's not going to do much to talk about this thing happening," about practically anything. So where does it stop if we accept that reasoning? Why talk about anything happening?

My point was this: Pretty much no one is talking about what's actually happening, so it's too late to bring that up. Instead, peeps here (and probably all over the place) are mired in these colossal side issues. This type of politics always devolves into a muddy mess, which is apparently why a topic about Zoe Quinn has suddenly become *not* about Zoe Quinn, and why my entire post (about Zoe) is being whittled down to "blahblahblah" as if I'm some crazy muttering hobo. This type of argument will never go anywhere, and because of that it's the perfect retort to "Why talk about it?". I'm not saying to not talk about it because "talking about things doesn't do anything", but rather to maintain sanity we have to stick to the original topic. If you want to start a thread about your opinions, go ahead, you've had some very successful threads before.

TCK likes this

Well I understand where you're coming from I suppose. I mainly like watching what's happening more than trying to do anything.

Floofies likes this

Umh7x1l.gif

*looks at OP & topic title*

Pretty sure it is! If you'd care to explain why an OP explicitly about Zoe, "isn't" about Zoe, that would be super cool. The Zoe situation is about Zoe, I'm pretty sure.

Pretty sure it isnt! The only ones who think it is are misinformed or are ebin trolls :^)

a decent enough video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-51PfwI3M

Edited by v3nture
Skeezix the Cat likes this

Pretty sure it isnt! The only ones who think it is are misinformed or are ebin trolls :^)

a decent enough video.

While 30% or so of that was ranting about gaming journalism, it was still about Zoe Quinn... Pretty much a dupe of the ED page about Zoe Quinn. Please explain.

Edit: Sorry if I seemed way too condescending before. I've had a bad day, and really regret writing like that. Sorry.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0