What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TCK

I'm 12 years old and what is Zoe Quinn

42 posts in this topic

shit like this pisses me off.

Theres this stigma and misconception about 4chan in general that its some hate machine thats only capable of evil when its not in reality.

People seem to pay attention to raids and shit more often than the good that comes out of it.

I'm also pretty sure the white knights of Reddit and Tumblr are afraid of every 'negative' opinion they see on the internet.

Tiddy-bits:

shit like this pisses me off.

Theres this stigma and misconception about 4chan in general that its some hate machine thats only capable of evil when its not in reality.

B4YQzoT.png

that isn't remotely what i meant

I was repeating what I read in a post on /b/ that was written by a former /v/ mod. He said that Moot called the mods into IRC and told the mods to limit negative discussion of it. Most of them refused, and they were immediately removed from the chat and lost mod status.

But if that turned out to be highly exaggerated, that's good.

PS I've always liked the community of 4chan more than Reddit or other similar sites. Never bought into the whole "bad guy 4chan" shit, so nothing I've been saying is from that.

Edited by The Cereal Killer
Floofies likes this

Umh7x1l.gif

I don't think anyone has been crying big bad 4chan ITT. Forks probably just wasn't sure what the motives on each side were, or who was responsible for this feud.

oVoXWXc.png

Personally, I think this "scandal" shit is bullshit, and merely to cause trouble.

I absolutely agree here. Who cares? What's the news story here? Potential corruption in games journalism? Big freaking deal. We already knew that. There are plenty of stories that are much worse (for example: Obsidian getting screwed out of being paid the bonus they were counting on to go positive in earnings for Fallout: New Vegas because their metacritic score was one point too low) that show how much damage games journalism can cause to the industry while being completely unreliable and frankly absolutely shitty. As long as there's journalism, there will be corruption in it. That's just how it is. However, of course, simply because there's a "whore" to burn at the stake because of it, everyone wants to make a big deal out of it.

Of course I'm not taking up for this action but rather just saying I don't see why people give so much of a fuck. We already knew games journalism had little to no integrity and we already knew Steam Greenlight was a mess (Even Gabe Newell knows it's a mess). The only reason we're even here talking about it now is because a group of people don't want us to talk about it; not because it's worthy of discussion in the first place.

Kavawuvi likes this

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

But I think that's the point, the more of a big deal you make about not wanting something on the internet, the more it's going to be on the internet. I feel satisfied by contributing to that process.

Plus let's face it, whores have always been the fuel for our fire. The internet is predominantly male and we all have that little bitterness about SOME girl we've known personally. When we find one we can all gang up on to hate together, it's the perfect combo of catharsis and feeling like a part of a team. Too perfect to resist.

Umh7x1l.gif

I was repeating what I read in a post on /b/ that was written by a former /v/ mod. He said that Moot called the mods into IRC and told the mods to limit negative discussion of it. Most of them refused, and they were immediately removed from the chat and lost mod status.

But if that turned out to be highly exaggerated, that's good.

I know what you're talking about. It's not exaggerated; it's completely false.

Edited by v3nture
TCK likes this

First of all, no, the Internet is not predominantly male; the forums and sites you frequent probably are. Besides, how is that meant to be an argument for your case? "Yeah, we're all projecting our own negative experiences with some other female onto her because FUCK YOU, BECKY! HOW DO YOU CHEAT ON ME!?!?!? I LOVED YOU!!!!!!" All it does is show how pathetic it is.

Besides, like I said, I understand that it's being done now because of the apparent censorship but I'm just not feeling that the original story is anything to talk about so there's no point in even keeping it around. I could imagine a scenario where some celebrity pisses their pants live on stage. They end up getting upset because everyone is seeing it. Somehow, they think they can get rid of a story on the Internet so they start trying to censor every news story about it. People are constantly posting everywbere "[Name] pissed his self on stage and he's trying to stop people from talking about it! FUCK HIM!" Who the fuck should even care about the original story? At best that's a "Heh, that sucks for him." but now it's become some sort of movement to make sure everyone MUST know he pissed himself.

Upset about censorship? Good, because there are plenty of cases of censorship that need your attention; however, some woman allegedly sleeping with people to get good scores for a text game about depression so that it can get through Steam Greenlight isn't one of them. It's a petty little story that means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

4VWJfoZ.gif

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

I think we all know this.  But a lot of people see it as an opportunity to fight back against awful game journalism, which is not a bad cause whether you participate or not.  Or even believe it will help, which I'm leaning more towards the nope side on.  But it's still a nice thought.

Pfhunkie likes this

oVoXWXc.png

I think we all know this.  But a lot of people see it as an opportunity to fight back against awful game journalism, which is not a bad cause whether you participate or not.  Or even believe it will help, which I'm leaning more towards the nope side on.  But it's still a nice thought.

I can see that but I just know it has 0 true meaning behind it so I know people are just wasting their breath (or finger muscles) on it. I really wish the F:NV issue would have been the driving force back in the day.

4VWJfoZ.gif

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0