What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kavawuvi

Flare - Gametype Editor

75 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

I will never again use the ingame editor; I love this!

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

This is seriously awesome. Thank you so much, this may have been easy for you to write, but it's endlessly practical, which is the true beauty of any program. Function over form baby, and this one has both :P

Kavawuvi likes this

KsqHutE.png

Thanks. I'm still in the process of adding some features, as well as looking for bugs. The only goal for this version was a functional editor. It's a big work in progress right now.

Source code will be released pretty soon, most likely under the BSD 3-clause license.

Let me know if there are any issues.

Edited by 002
Enclusion and Pfhunkie like this

Indeed 002, this GUI looks better than my old program :P.

Just make sure you really understand what license and variant you use.

I've uploaded a version for OS X, with screenshots.

This is seriously awesome. Thank you so much, this may have been easy for you to write, but it's endlessly practical, which is the true beauty of any program. Function over form baby, and this one has both :P

It's easy to write, sure, but it's still very time consuming. There are a ton of checkboxes and text fields that I have to plug into actual code twice. Each has its own individual purpose, meaning that I have to write to them when opening a gametype, then I have to read from them when saving a gametype.

It's important that I make sure I didn't miss a single checkbox or a single text field. This is made easy with OS X's duplication feature, which I can just duplicate the document, no problem. It's a little tougher in Windows, because there isn't a magical duplicate document function provided by the operating system, so I need to save and open a lot.

So far, it looks like it might be nearly ready to move this into the tools section to be released officially.

edit: Looks like it got moved. By the way, it's version 1.1 now.

Edited by 002
NeX and Takka like this

Awesome tool! This will come in handy when I fix my server this week. I wonder why no one in these 10 years have ever thought of making a tool like this

WOW!! Thanks so much for this app...it works perfectly and so simple to use...you are GENIUS! ;)

Awesome tool! This will come in handy when I fix my server this week. I wonder why no one in these 10 years have ever thought of making a tool like this

I've thought of it, I just had a lack knowledge for making it. I think most people have thought of it before too. xD

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0