What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Takka

Our Adverts

27 posts in this topic

As a few of you may have seen whenever you're not signed in here, our advertisements are very minimalistic and non-intrusive, however they will now be expanded into other usergroups. It is my hope that the extra views these ads receive will allow us to make payments to our Editors based on their performance, and should also allow us to expand into other areas.

We will know in no more than 5 days whether the revenue can support such a system.

WaeV, Allakel and Pandora like this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Tiddy-bits:

Does this mean we will be spammed with the ad blocker detection message now if we don't disable it regardless of being a member?

Yup. That's the only way this approach will work, and as stated previously, our ads are extremely minimalistic.

You know, I honestly forgot I had ad blocker on until you broght this up... I usually put sites like Youtube and Twitch into the bypass so I help out whomever I watch. Sorry bout tat.

Edit: And... it apparently still blocks adds when I don't want it too... gg

Edited by ShikuTeshi
Kalipsan likes this

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

it apparently still blocks adds when I don't want it too... gg

If you're on Chrome, make sure when you click on the icon you select "Don't run on pages on this domain" or "Disable on opencarnage.net" for Firefox.

Edit: If any of you absolutely hate this, please be candid.

I think it's a great idea.  Not intrusive or obnoxious ads, and the Editors not only have an incentive to do their jobs, it will undoubtedly make the news room actually seem like a news room and not a ghost town.

Kavawuvi, Takka and Pandora like this

oVoXWXc.png

I'm not really sure how I feel about the ads. They just kind of irk me in a bad way even though they're really not that inconvenient. I'll turn my blocker off and give it some time.

Doldrums.png

I'm fine with it, as long as there are no obnoxious ads that take up half the page, play music, spawn popups, or redirect mobile devices to the app store from looking at a certain page. I want to keep posting funny pictures.

Edited by 002
Kalipsan likes this

If you're on Chrome, make sure when you click on the icon you select "Don't run on pages on this domain" or "Disable on opencarnage.net" for Firefox.

Edit: If any of you absolutely hate this, please be candid.

Yeah I did set it to allow the domain. Still being a little retard.

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

Yeah I did set it to allow the domain. Still being a little retard.

Supar weird..

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0