Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for modders and technology enthusiasts; have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Kavawuvi

Comprehensive SAPP Documentation (Rev. 2.4 - SAPP 10.1)

41 posts in this topic

It's basically a Handbook for "How to keep this game breathing" lol. Love it! Do you plan on doing something similar for the new Phasor?

KsqHutE.png

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

It's basically a Handbook for "How to keep this game breathing" lol. Love it! Do you plan on doing something similar for the new Phasor?

I'm aware Phasor has some documentation of its own already, directly from the developer, and it's even packaged with Phasor. I'm assuming the developer will make relevant documentation with the new Phasor. Maybe he'll spell Btcc22's name right on the next version.

Screen%20Shot%202014-08-25%20at%208.04.2

Currently, most of the commands are provided in an optional Lua script neither made by the developer of Phasor nor technically part of it, so it would be inappropriate to document those commands. I'm assuming there won't be many more commands in 3.0, as I've only heard about no-lead being the added feature (I haven't seen no-lead on any of Wizard's servers though).

Edited by 002

Added information for SAPP 8.4.1 in revision 1.4.

Revision 1.4:

Added information about timers for Lua API 1.4.0.0

Added information on creating Halo servers

Added more information about signature scanning.

Edited by 002
Takka933 likes this

Any updates recently with the new callbacks supported?

Not yet. I haven't been updating this as often as I should, but I'll begin updating it once SAPP 9.0 comes out.
NeX likes this

Not yet. I haven't been updating this as often as I should, but I'll begin updating it once SAPP 9.0 comes out.

V9.2 is current, any chance of an update please?

2ew2skp.png

V9.2 is current, any chance of an update please?

I've been working on it. It makes it a bit difficult to release this stuff, because sehe doesn't update his online documentation when he releases new stuff, other than the lua page (a lot of the online SAPP stuff is terribly outdated), so I have to rely on release notes and go through requests and stuff on the forum.

NeX, WaeV and Krazychic like this

I'm currently updating this for SAPP 9.8. I've decided to rewrite the entire thing using Google Docs, making it easier for me to work on it across multiple devices, and for people to view the source version online without downloading anything.

Example scripts will probably no longer be included anymore. I made the example scripts during a time when there weren't very many SAPP scripts, and now that there are tons of them, you should direct your attention towards those scripts, instead. Sorry if this inconveniences anyone.

Takka933 likes this

Here's a small update on progress. This post will be edited as progress is made until the version is complete.

Finished stuff so far:

• Loading SAPP (load, unload, reload)
  • Stock Halo server commands (some people might want it)
  • Config commands
  • Admin management (V1 and V2)
  • Player commands (e.g. /login, /lead, etc.)
  • Player expressions (<player_expr>)
  • "Naughty" commands
  • Map voting
  • Map cycle
  • Events
  • Custom commands
  • Custom variables
  • Remote console
  • Lua (ALL DONE)

If you want to view the work in progress:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RAnl68RN8z0RAvJcPqnv94ngzWZ6xavaX1EHsAqHeJU/edit?usp=sharing

Takka933 likes this