Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Kavawuvi

Comprehensive SAPP Documentation (Rev. 2.4 - SAPP 10.1)

38 posts in this topic

Im glad that the keycheck is disabled. With this small of a community left, i love to see anyone play the game anymore lol

This also means that the player could have possibly stolen the CD hash. With the key check, it also requires the correct CD key, or else the player would get kicked before even joining. The CD key isn't transmitted from the client to the server, unlike the CD hash.

Edited by 002

status.png?customhost=ProtonNebula.com:1

status.png?customhost=ProtonNebula.com:2

competent.png

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

This also means that the player could have possibly stolen the CD hash. With the key check, it also requires the correct CD key, or else the player would get kicked before even joining. The CD key isn't transmitted from the client to the server, unlike the CD hash.

True but with the more secure admin system, that con doesnt outweigh the pro of more players imo:p

KsqHutE.png

True but with the more secure admin system, that con doesnt outweigh the pro of more players imo:p

IP/mask authentication should work next version, according to Sehé.

Edited by 002
NeX likes this

competent.png

I've updated it for SAPP 8.3. There's some new API functions that will make it easier to edit Halo's code, but there's one function that I requested that sehé said would be added but did not add :/

Edited by 002
Takka933 likes this

competent.png

I've updated it for SAPP 8.3. Looks like CD-key validation is still disabled, making v1 admins secure if there's no IP given. There's some new API functions that will make it easier to edit Halo's code, but there's one function that I requested that sehé said would be added but did not add :/

Model switching function timing?

KsqHutE.png

Model switching function timing?

That's correct. I requested he add an event for player spawning, but before clients were notified of the spawn. It did not happen, apparently.

Edited by 002

competent.png

That's correct. I requested he add an event for player spawning, but before clients were notified of the spawn. It did not happen, apparently.

Bated breath for the new phasor. Oxide not being a cockbag really helps...

KsqHutE.png

I've added some more information, added some clarity to some commands, added a couple sections, rearranged some other sections, added some footnotes, and then personally asked sehé about how SAPP handles CD-key verification. It's really quite unique and interesting.

Turns out it's always been verifying CD keys, only kicking players if the CD key is stolen, not invalid.

Edited by 002
Krazychic and WaeV like this

competent.png

I've added some more information, added some clarity to some commands, added a couple sections, rearranged some other sections, added some footnotes, and then personally asked sehé about how SAPP handles CD-key verification. It's really quite unique and interesting.

Turns out it's always been verifying CD keys, only kicking players if the CD key is stolen, not invalid.

Can you post the changes you have made etc here in a pdf please?  That way I can amend my booklet and pass on the additional information to others that are using your revised copy.

2ew2skp.png

Can you post the changes you have made etc here in a pdf please?  That way I can amend my booklet and pass on the additional information to others that are using your revised copy.

I document my changes in the pdf, if you didn't know. Look for "What's changed in this document?"

Revision 1.3:

• Edited the credits and links section.
  • Moved login command from player commands to admin commands.
  • Edited the introduction to SAPP and added a link to SAPP's website.
  • Added a page break to "What's changed in this document?"
  • Re-organized first few document sections and expanded a couple of them.

I've expanded upon several topics, such as admin management and how to setup SAPP if you're not on a dedicated server, including arguments you could use in your dedicated server. I've also created a section for how to update SAPP.

Edited by 002
NeX and Krazychic like this

competent.png