What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Kavawuvi

Comprehensive SAPP Documentation (Rev. 2.5 - SAPP 10.1)

43 posts in this topic

@bigblue There are 4 admin levels. If you look on page 11 and onward in the manual it tells you which commands are available for each level. 4 Has the most commands, 3 has less, and so on. Level 1 can be used if you want to give custom commands to certain players but not make them full admins. They will see admin chat though.

As far as the banlist is concerned. Make sure you are using the ipban command listed on page 12 of the manual and then look in your ipbans.txt file inside of your sapp folder, and it should be there. Also when you are doing commands such as ipbans, locations, areas ect.. make sure to never have the file open on elites website backend when you are doing the command in game or it wont save it.

Takka likes this

Tiddy-bits:

On 20/03/2019 at 7:42 PM, Vic Firth said:

@bigblue There are 4 admin levels. If you look on page 11 and onward in the manual it tells you which commands are available for each level. 4 Has the most commands, 3 has less, and so on. Level 1 can be used if you want to give custom commands to certain players but not make them full admins. They will see admin chat though.

As far as the banlist is concerned. Make sure you are using the ipban command listed on page 12 of the manual and then look in your ipbans.txt file inside of your sapp folder, and it should be there. Also when you are doing commands such as ipbans, locations, areas ect.. make sure to never have the file open on elites website backend when you are doing the command in game or it wont save it.

Thx.. I know about admin levels.. so just to confirm, the level in sj_level corresponds to the admin level ?

As I said in my previous post, bans are cleared once the server is restarted - they're not being written to the banlist file for some reason. So I use ipban instead, which works ok.

My apologies @bigblue I misunderstood your question. But yes the 5 in the sj_level command refers to admin level.

I am only familiar with using the ipban command, and thats been working fine for me as well.

Edited by Vic Firth