Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kavawuvi

Team Autobalance

33 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

even though once phasor has nolead and with the new speed otimizations, SAPP will be obsolete. Phasor's scripting is just too in depth for SAPP to throw in a few functions and compete. Ah well, until such a time, this will be excellent. 

Many thanks 002!

KsqHutE.png

Just fixed a small issue where it would say that teams were unbalanced when they weren't once a player joined. This was probably because the player had team 0, which was red. It will have a 2 second delay. Version 1.0.1 now

Edited by 002
NeX likes this

What exactly does Phasor have that SAPP doesn't? Reading and writing arbitrary data to memory?

Phasor - Bigger and broader. It's older, so it has seen more updates.

+ More events

+ More functions

+ Open source

- Function names are only barely legible (readword, writedword, etc.) itwouldbeannoyingifeveryonetalkedlikethis

I can't seem to find any documentation for Phasor, other than via offsite links in forum posts.

SAPP - Nicer, cleaner, and better flow. It's fairly new.

+ Makes up for nearly all missing functions with get_var and event variables

+ Event function names are specified by the scripter, rather than the API

+ Admins can directly call functions from console, no need to use substrings and an event for listening for commands

- Closed source

Documentation for SAPP is right on the SAPP website, only one click away.

Edited by 002
WaeV and Takka like this

A+ overview.

I'd give Phasor points for being open-source. Not sure why SAPP isn't...

Sehe's a prick.

Oh, and the documentation is a joke. I could take a giraffe with downs, implant a ball point pen into it's top row of teeth, and have it bite paper to give better documentation than xhalo.tk.

Kavawuvi and Takka like this

KsqHutE.png

Hello,

I registered here to report the bug. I managing ServerDev.net Halo servers.

In race gametype, after team match over and next gametype will be FFA. When FFA race loaded up, lua reported unbalance and attempted to balance the team even through there no team play at that time. And for unknown reason that lua script error forced server to end the match and load next map based on mapcycle. Even that we don't completed race (suppose 5 laps to complete but end up at about 2 laps).

I don't think that bug applied to only race; it possible to apply to any gametype that will have switch between FFA/Team gametype. So can you check it?

Sorry about my english skills. So hope you understand. Any questions?

Best,

DB

Kavawuvi and xvii like this

KlGKKLH.png

System specs: MSI Z390-A PRO with i7-8700K, 16GB RAM and Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0