Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShikuTeshi

Recommended Mouse

30 posts in this topic

So Logitech seems to be the best option here. I looked on there website and saw a few that match my needs.

The G502 seems to have everything I want, but the mousewheel is metalic... so... idk...

my 2nd option is Alienware TactX Mouse. I've had great experience with their headset so I thought why not.

Edited by ShikuTeshi

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure."-Somewhere on the internet  

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

my 2nd option is Alienware TactX Mouse. I've had great experience with their headset so I thought why not.

I'd stay away from Alienware unless you don't mind paying extra for something with a fancy design.

I'd stay away from Alienware unless you don't mind paying extra for something with a fancy design.

Looks are but a fraction of the price, but they generally have very well made products. And its pretty straight forward that if I have had great experiences with one of their products, aren't I just going to try out another one of theirs?

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure."-Somewhere on the internet  

I loved the G5, and when it gave out I figured I couldn't go wrong with the G9x, thinking it was just a bigger better version. But the G9x blows, for reasons I wont go into, but the point is to go by the reviews. Just because something is made by a brand that generally makes products you like, doesn't mean you'll be happy with all of their products, even if it's just a higher end version.

swamp likes this

Well this is my first time getting something from this company. I'll take my chances on my second purchase and if I don't like that. I might, or might not get a third from them. It really just depends. As of right now I'll probably get an Alienware TactX Mouse because I looked up some reviews and such and I think it's what I want. I went to Fry's and Best Buy today and tried out some other gaming mices, and they have most of the features I want, but they lacked the rubber grip and feel that I want. Both Logitech and Razer.

But whatever, I didn't find a suitable mice for myself but at least I got a new heatsink to replace my stock. :P

Edited by ShikuTeshi

I have a madcatz Rat7. It's wired, has a dedicated sniping button, completely customizeable with compartmentalized sections that can be swapped and changed, as well as circular weight disks that let you customize how heavy it is. I love this mouse, but it took some getting used to.

RATBlownup_sm.jpg

The dedicated sniping button basically lets you set a secondary sensitivity, so when you hold it down with your thumb it is (usually) less sensitive, so you can line up the delicate shots. You can technically make it whatever secondary DPI that you want, most people go with a lower selection for sniping. I don't use it for Halo, but it's great for battlefield/call of duty type shooters where the reticle moves independently when sniping

Edited by NeX
WaeV likes this

KsqHutE.png

You can get the pre 2013 edt. Death-adder's for round $60-$80 (AUS, so should be cheaper anywhere else). They're a solid no nonsense option. i have the black edition cuz i didn't want LED's and its brilliant. A few of my mates have the RAT7 and love it, but i cant vouch for it personally.

DiSiAC likes this

I've already tried each of the Razer mices instores and I don't like any of them. I looked at some of MadCatz newer mices and some looked like they had rubber and some didn't. So I'm not really sure. They looked nice imo when I first saw them.

Personally, when it comes to mice, I prefer Logitec. I currently own a black logitec M150. The mouse comes with a battery that lasts approximately 24 months with out a recharge, hence the reason that I bought it. As I am an avid gamer, and I use my mouse to play PC games, this mouse comes in handy a lot. I have had it a little over 7 months and have not had to replace or recharge the battery yet.

Tucker933 likes this