Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShikuTeshi

Recommended Mouse

30 posts in this topic

I'm looking to buy a new mouse similar to my MadCats MW2 Limited Edition Sniper Mouse that I got off the free market for $10 about 3+ years ago. It's getting pretty worn out, especially since it was already used.

What I'm looking for...

• At least one programmable button for the left thumb.
  • The ability to change DPI.
  • A nice bulky body so I don't need to claw grip.
  • Rubber on the sides to handling, and preferably also on the l/r buttons.
  • I don't care to much about the LEDs.
  • Braided cables, but I'm sure most high end mouses have that anyways.
  • A mouse wheel made of rubber and has a strong tactile feel to it. My current one moves which the slightest of pressure making FPS games a hassle.
Edited by ShikuTeshi

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure."-Somewhere on the internet  

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

I use the Logitech M705.  Don't even bother looking it up because it's wireless/not gaming level DPI and you guys all apparently despise wireless mice.  But I just felt like pointing out that it can do this really cool thing where you only need one battery in it for it to work, even though it takes two batteries.  That probably sounds boring to most people but to those with battery fetishes, it's pretty cool.

oVoXWXc.png

You're prolly going to be looking at a Logitech mouse. What's your price range?

Probably under $120.

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure."-Somewhere on the internet  

My favorite mouse is $10. I don't think I'll be much help to those who care about DPI...

DPI doesn't matter that much. The type of sensor in your mouse and the weight of your mouse do matter.

I only use DPI for FPS purposes. I increase it in a split second so I can easily and quickly scan my surroundings, then when I need to kill somebody I lower it for the accuracy. Other than that I really don't use DPI for anything else. :P

Posting so I can pre-emptively disagree with anybody that recommends a Razer product.

Deathadder /thread 

If it flies, floats, or fucks, rent it.