Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NeX

Halo: Revolution Beta

22 posts in this topic

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Nope, i get the exception straight after loading the map :/

It could be the game variant, so make sure you're running the default Slayer or CTF variant if you aren't.

It's made so that all game variants work fine. The server is running some weird ones just for fun. Make sure you got the right versions of the maps for yourself, I've even had Altis test them, and they work for him fine on CE.

KsqHutE.png

Having seen those hands in other colors, I would tone down the color change on the actual rubber glove part, where that pattern is. Mezzz's picture there with the pistol in it makes the hands look kinda, I dunno. Still looks good, but doesn't look right.

In the multi; if you take the alpha for that section of the bitmap and make it darker, a light gray, The color change will apply less to the gray section while the arms will still shine out.

That being said I'm downloading now to actually try it out.

NeX likes this

Ill tinker with it tonight when I get off work, will post pics. I see what you mean, they almost look oversaturated,

KsqHutE.png

K. So I played around in stagnant, but not the other because the server reloaded stagnant on snipers and I had no way to change map again (first load was CTF, I just got 5 flag caps real quick)

Pros and Cons;

Cons;

• The Trees in the back of each base, the pine trees. These need a new collision model; The leaves allow bullets through due to their collision ID, however it still blocks players. Jumping through that area my head gets clipped, could cause for just a cramped place in gameplay. May not be an issue, however I'd gladly make you a new collision that would just be the tree. It'd take me a matter of 1-3 minutes, let me know.
  • Glove saturation. Already touched on.
  • Plasma Rifle charging effect is blue, projectiles and the firing effect is purple.
  • Rocket Launcher walking animation is derpy as all hell.
  • The words DANGER began flashing on my shield bar after my Overshield wore off. I had 100% health and shields, full ammo.
  • The Glass caused an issue. On top of the base I had a problem with it being broken on my client game, but not on host somehow. I jumped and fell through, then kept getting teleported back to the top to fall again, warping. "Ahh, the host must not have registered the hit" I said to myself, and when I shot it again I feel normally and could continue inside.

Now, with that out of the way, the pros;
  • Literally Everything

I'm very rare to give praise, I expect way way too much out of everything and everybody, I always find flaws in anything I do, make, play, see, anything. Dave Chappelle himself invited me as an honorary guest to the Player Hater's Ball, I told him I wouldn't be caught around those amateurs for any reason.

The map I played was gorgeous, I'm legitimately angry I can't play the other one until that server clicks over. I won't be able to judge until I play it ingame with others, but I have no reason to think it would get any worse.

The DOBC tags were well done, the scenery was varied and mostly well placed. The level was beautifully textured, the shaders were on as were the cubemaps and reflection values. Other than the gloves saturation and that stupid UNSC logo on that less-than-beautiful AR, there was very little I could complain about.

I just don't like the AR model, pretty sure Pepsi used the same/very similar one in FTW2. Didn't like his decision then, and I can't say I'm a fan of yours here.

If you want the H4 one, rip the model and bitmaps I'll rig it up for you. I know you have those maps, I do not.

WaeV and NeX like this

The tree collision model issue can be fixed by using the trees or just the collision from the Timberland variants. It looks like he just used the SP trees, which is why he has that issue. Additionally, the pipes around beaver have the dirt material type, instead of a metal.

NeX likes this

Could have sworn I fixed the pipes material for the ce3 release.....oh well

As for the AR, I'm secretly waiting for tsc:e's new AR (I'm shitty I know), as well as the warthog to see how it plays. I don't like the h4 AR at all, the CMT variant is a pretty close match to the original AR. The UNSC logo I may remove from the skin entirely if no other models pan out.

As for the tree, I used the mp_pine_tall from timberland, so a new collision model of just trunk would be epic! Ill have a fp update by tonight with any luck, tomorrow for sure.

Thanks for the fine tooth comb treatment guys, I really appreciate the attention paid to the little stuff. I just can't feasibly see all of them myself =)

I saw sceny's comment about the shield bar outline, I plan on remaking it, since the photoshop stle I used was a stroke method, it smoothed the corners, which upon closer inspection really stands out against the hard-edge style of the visor and other elements. Ill use the brush method when I redo, hopefully it won't take any work to the shield meter, but if so, so be it. I plan on starting damnation and a few other maps soon, so ill keep updating after my shifts stop taking all my damned time =/

KsqHutE.png