Kavawuvi

Team-based bipeds

34 posts in this topic

Lies, you just weren't being creative enough Nex. ;]

No, I had a huge discussion with Kirby, probably the most knowledgeable hsc scripter out there, and the only way to determine mid-game the player index of each particular player from inside the map itself, is to physically ask them with a button.

here is the vid kirby made to show me visually:

and here's the thread where it was discussed. If that were possible, a lot more interesting features could be developed that work in conjunction with LUA scripting

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=44427

KsqHutE.png

Tiddy-bits:

CE. Can't really do much with hsc scripting for PC :P

Wait, can't we these days? I think CE->PC converters manage to preserve scripts now, right? Which means we can actually have separate scripts for server and client, like Hamp did.

DeadHamster and Kavawuvi like this

That's why I was asking. Even if it's CE only, I can throw my mind at it. Just because somebody's the best doesn't mean they can see every possibility.

Edit:

Bump-Possession on Named bipeds, with spawn points directly above them. From that point, you're not scripting the player, you're scripting that individual biped. You could run 16 individual scripts that each handle one of the 16 possible player bipeds, those scripts would update the backpack weapons with whatever the named biped (you as the player) may be holding.

Edited by DeadHamster

You can create specific instances of bipeds? Interesting. I will say I've never really messed with hsc scripts

KsqHutE.png

It's not really realistic for what you're doing honestly, since you're using stock maps and whatnot.

How would that make a difference?

KsqHutE.png

The bipeds have to be spawned in a separate area, like the cliffs outside of some maps for example.

The player drops on them, gets bumped-possesed into the body, and then the script teleports them to a point on the map. This would let you track individual bipeds, but you'll have a complicated script to "randomize" the teleporting.

Nothing is impossible of course, but for example; best luck hiding those bipeds on Wizard, Rat Race, Longest, etc.

Eh, ill just throw in a flat panel of scenery far below or above the map, and be able to do it there. It shouldn't require actual BSP space as long as there's a solid object to keep anyone from falling through

KsqHutE.png