Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hexthat

Senti

Tiddy-bits:

Here's a video of me playing it

LMFAO!!!

If you dont fire a weapon nobody will shoot you and you can fly around and check out the battle.

Its not like i spent any time making this so yeah its pretty weak. But proof of consept that yes you can be a sentinel. If you make a map and want players to be senti make sure you change the weapon label of all weapons to "ar" the same as assult rifle so the sentinels can use all weapons.

also if you want to kill a bunch of people and not die just fly around and hit people in the back of the head with the beam rifle

Friendly tip: instead of flooding the releases section with maps that are basically just stock with some minor edits, why don't you pick a more expansive project for yourself, start a WIP, and use that to learn to mod more in depth. Pumping out crappy releases twice a week isn't going to teach you nearly as much as if you need to expand your knowledge for a problem that you don't already know how to solve. Throwing a bunch of random tags into a map, and calling it a release is fine, but it's going to get 0 attention, 0 downloads, and everyone's going to give 0 fucks.

So, in short, if you want your modding skills to improve, or if you want to be taken seriously (which really shouldn't be a motivation for modding in the first place), go start a larger work, or even start refining some of the "finished" maps you've already shit out here, and apply yourself.

Now that probably sounded harsh, but from the frequency of maps and their steadily (albeit slowly) increasing quality, I'd say you have some potential. So go start something that's actually worth your time. Anyone can throw together a new map with existing tags - it takes a lot more to make an expansive project (or even just one map) that has an overarching, cohesive theme. Those are the ones that get played. Go take a look at halomaps releases thread, and count the number of bloodgulch variants there; far too many to count.

So take my advice or don't, but I think it'd be in your best interest to aim a little higher, and not to sell yourself short.

Edited by NeX
Sceny, Floofies and WaeV like this

KsqHutE.png

Friendly tip: instead of flooding the releases section with maps that are basically just stock with some minor edits, why don't you pick a more expansive project for yourself, start a WIP, and use that to learn to mod more in depth. Pumping out crappy releases twice a week isn't going to teach you nearly as much as if you need to expand your knowledge for a problem that you don't already know how to solve. Throwing a bunch of random tags into a map, and calling it a release is fine, but it's going to get 0 attention, 0 downloads, and everyone's going to give 0 fucks.

So, in short, if you want your modding skills to improve, or if you want to be taken seriously (which really shouldn't be a motivation for modding in the first place), go start a larger work, or even start refining some of the "finished" maps you've already shit out here, and apply yourself.

Now that probably sounded harsh, but from the frequency of maps and their steadily (albeit slowly) increasing quality, I'd say you have some potential. So go start something that's actually worth your time. Anyone can throw together a new map with existing tags - it takes a lot more to make an expansive project (or even just one map) that has an overarching, cohesive theme. Those are the ones that get played. Go take a look at halomaps releases thread, and count the number of bloodgulch variants there; far too many to count.

So take my advice or don't, but I think it'd be in your best interest to aim a little higher, and not to sell yourself short.

A lot of these mods weren't even made this month.

Screen%20Shot%202014-06-23%20at%204.07.0

While I do agree that releasing things is a little annoying, only a few of them were actually recently made according to the timestamp.

Edited by 002

i prefer to do what i am doing, all my maps are unprotected feel free to improve them and use whatever you like for whatever you like

A lot of these mods weren't even made this month.

big snowy map and fogg are the only ones not made this month I got another map coming very very soon

i prefer to do what i am doing, all my maps are unprotected feel free to improve them and use whatever you like for whatever you like

You should really follow Nex advice.

There is a lot that you can do to make Senti better whilst keeping it a 'VERY simple single player'.

For example:

• Add more ai variants - different weapons, models, whatever else you can think of.
  • Change the spawn position to somewhere more discreet.
  • Change unit hud to this - Remove overlay from unit hud.
  • After a bit, make it so ally sentinels spawn.
  • Make sentinel's 25% faster?
  • Add a boss - Maybe one of those giant sentinels from CMT SPv2? I think It's SPv2 anyway...
Edited by Sceny
Floofies, WaeV and NeX like this

You should really follow Nex advice.

There is a lot that you can do to make Senti better whilst keeping it a 'VERY simple single player'.

For example:

• Add more ai variants - different weapons, models, whatever else you can think of.
  • Change the spawn position to somewhere more discreet.
  • Change unit hud to this - Remove overlay from unit hud.
  • After a bit, make it so ally sentinels spawn.
  • Make sentinel's 25% faster?
  • Add a boss - Maybe one of those giant sentinels from CMT SPv2? I think It's SPv2 anyway...

the map is unprotected

i have no desire to do anything further with playing as a sentinel, anyone may use this map for reference or the tags and make there own

I am currently working on a race map that you are a warthog and can not kill or fire or anything but drive around as a warthog, im stuck and dont know how to change the camra to 3rd person, i may release with an app like "skys the limit 2.0" for 3rd person

We're not going to fix your maps for you, so it doesn't matter that it's unprotected.

Just try to put more effort into your future maps. We're not a gigantic database like HaloMaps.org is -- we present our (hopefully) quality work and respond to feedback. Usually we don't release stuff until a week or more of responding to feedback. Some projects have been going on for years *cough* Fireteam Delta *cough*.

Kavawuvi and NeX like this

the map is unprotected

i have no desire to do anything further with playing as a sentinel, anyone may use this map for reference or the tags and make there own

I am currently working on a race map that you are a warthog and can not kill or fire or anything but drive around as a warthog, im stuck and dont know how to change the camra to 3rd person, i may release with an app like "skys the limit 2.0" for 3rd person

That's the thing though, there's nothing in your maps that anyone would need to use, because they can just go to the source to get the originals. Most of the tags are just h3 rips, etc. The plasma and frag grenade explosions are awful. As someone whose biggest project is a rip salad, customizing tags is the only worthwhile thing that can be done. 

My thing is that I was subscribed to the releases section, because when something around here is released, its generally a pretty big deal. I'm really tired of seeing über basic maps that have 0 depth. These maps that you are releasing are just basically your own testing maps, where you've thrown together tags in some semblance of order, get it to where "it works", and then call it a release. 

I really don't understand the drive here. I have hundreds of old test maps that I don't release because its like smearing ketchup on a sushi roll, calling it a "new dish" and then throwing it on the menu. Be creative.

KsqHutE.png

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0