What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DeadHamster

Who's still kicking around with this old, old engine?

69 posts in this topic

Anybody still modding outide of Nex with his revolution mod, or at least still have interest in it? I know CE work is still done at halomaps, but that place has always been shoddy and I've preferred the PC community better.

NeX, Kavawuvi and Vuthakral like this

Tiddy-bits:

Not at the moment, but I do fully intend to make use of Quickbeam when it's out considering WaeV can't keep his coding little hands off of it even though he keeps saying he's going to focus on his work :P

Obviously I plan on making moar campaign mods.

WaeV likes this

oVoXWXc.png

I've been doing lots of modding in Halo, probably 70% of the time with HaloMD. I've only finished one mod, Dark Aether, and it's on HaloMD, though it's also compatible with HAC2 as well.

Some things I've made in HaloMD that are now in the main release include the in-game map downloader and the in-game map list. I've also helped fix a bug that could have potentially ended HaloMD and Halo on OS X on Mavericks. Though it won't ever be released, I've also made a map editor for HaloMD that also edits the memory of Halo, removing the need to restart Halo.

For Halo PC, I've posted a tutorial on how to convert a Halo PC (or HaloMD) map to a CE map using just Eschaton and one small change in a hex editor (I provided a tool to substitute, though). I've also created a few tools for modders to use, an example being Deathstar, which is an open-source library written in C used for clean deprotection of Halo maps.

Edited by 002
NeX likes this

In regards to the CE stuff, Halomods is a bad example, as it's only kept alive by CMT projects. Modacity is still pretty active, as well as the dreaded halomaps forums.

Floofies likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

By the by, does anybody at all have the FTW2 UI that I had made, the one Pepsi retextured with the message board in the back? I've wanted that thing for ages and cannot find a download no matter how hard I've looked.

By the by, does anybody at all have the FTW2 UI that I had made, the one Pepsi retextured with the message board in the back? I've wanted that thing for ages and cannot find a download no matter how hard I've looked.

Deleted my last copy about 6 months ago

Edit: Nevermind, found a backup: http://mods.tucker933.com/FTW2/ftw_ui_beta.rar

WaeV, NeX and DeadHamster like this

Yeah, deathstar is beastin'.

As for halomaps, I have to disagree a bit. Its highly active, and a good 70% of the people on there are relatively decent, the other 30% do tend to spoil it though. But when a community gets big, shit follows quickly. As for CMT projects keeping it alive, just check out SOI_7's big campaign project. Beautiful designs, very impressive. Its not all bad, or as bad as ITT it's made out to be, but then again you don't see me active over there unless it's important.

Kavawuvi and DeadHamster like this

KsqHutE.png

Sorry, thought it was Halomods that was mentioned. That's what I was referring to.

NeX likes this

considering WaeV can't keep his coding little hands off of it even though he keeps saying he's going to focus on his work :P

Nearly failed this semester because of it, too. :wacko: Summer school, ho!

Edit: well, among other things.

Skeezix the Cat likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0