What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Luke

Whats the best course of action for buying a domain from someone?

Tiddy-bits:

If it's a squatter, find out their nameserver using robtex tools. If they are offering it to you through a backdoor contract, report them to their registrant company for violating the TOS.

If it's a random guy with no ill-intent, there isn't a good way to start it outside of personal means. Try looking up the whois for the domain name and find a phone number or email address (if it's not blocked).

Luke likes this

The domain I want is owned by some marriage counselor in Tennessee. He owns the name under almost every single common TLD, even though they have never pointed to any servers...

The domain I want is owned by some marriage counselor in Tennessee. He owns the name under almost every single common TLD, even though they have never pointed to any servers...

squats.gif

Modzy likes this

If they are offering it to you through a backdoor contract, report them to their registrant company for violating the TOS.

Backdoor contract? It's their domain, they can sell it however they please.

I think Luke is a Linux guy, in which case, nslookup.

Backdoor contract? It's their domain, they can sell it however they please.

Backdoor contracts imply you aren't using a professional escrow or transfer software, which a lot of scamming squatters don't like because they're easily tracked. As a liability it's against the TOS of many mainstream DNS companies.

Offer something on it, chances are it won't be cheap either way. It's very possible to block a lot of information so maybe you're SOL.

PWccHNo.png

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0