Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

EST. 14th of February, 2012

Kavawuvi

Convert a full version map to a CE map

14 posts in this topic
10 hours ago, Locke said:

Hi, sorry to bump this five year old topic, but I figured this was the best place.

My clan was highly active on Halo Trial 10+ years ago, and a few of us are starting to enter the Halo CE scene thanks to the improved gameplay with SAPP and Chimera.

We grew tired of playing bloodgulch over and over, so a clan member modded the trial Silent Cartographer map, and we were able to spend countless hours playing it. I was wondering if it would be possible to port this modded Trial map to Custom Edition?

I appreciate any help anyone can provide!

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?search=silent+cartographer&B1=Search

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.          

Tiddy-bits:

Thanks for the replies! The version we played had specific portals and strats integrated that we spent hours learning. I'm looking to convert that specific map file we created.

A workaround might be to convert the trial map file to full version, and then to CE - if that's possible. I have virtually no experience modding / making maps, so I'm shooting in the dark here.

I feel like there must be a way to convert from Trial to MD so does anyone know a way to convert from MD to CE? I know it's a stretch and I haven't heard of a tool but that may be a way forward for this.

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

Posted (edited)

Can you extract the scenario with refinery and rebuild the map with tool?

You might need to do some fixing, but if the trial map used default assets, you could just replace all the dependencies with CE tags

if you send me the map i can see what I can do for you.

(there may be some trouble because it’s a single player map originally so no promises)

Edited by Zatarita
Pfhunkie likes this