What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Kavawuvi

Convert a full version map to a CE map

19 posts in this topic
10 hours ago, Locke said:

Hi, sorry to bump this five year old topic, but I figured this was the best place.

My clan was highly active on Halo Trial 10+ years ago, and a few of us are starting to enter the Halo CE scene thanks to the improved gameplay with SAPP and Chimera.

We grew tired of playing bloodgulch over and over, so a clan member modded the trial Silent Cartographer map, and we were able to spend countless hours playing it. I was wondering if it would be possible to port this modded Trial map to Custom Edition?

I appreciate any help anyone can provide!

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?search=silent+cartographer&B1=Search

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Tiddy-bits:

Thanks for the replies! The version we played had specific portals and strats integrated that we spent hours learning. I'm looking to convert that specific map file we created.

A workaround might be to convert the trial map file to full version, and then to CE - if that's possible. I have virtually no experience modding / making maps, so I'm shooting in the dark here.

WaeV likes this

I feel like there must be a way to convert from Trial to MD so does anyone know a way to convert from MD to CE? I know it's a stretch and I haven't heard of a tool but that may be a way forward for this.

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

Can you extract the scenario with refinery and rebuild the map with tool?

You might need to do some fixing, but if the trial map used default assets, you could just replace all the dependencies with CE tags

if you send me the map i can see what I can do for you.

(there may be some trouble because it’s a single player map originally so no promises)

Edited by Zatarita
Pfhunkie likes this

Specifications:

S3dpak - format - Imeta/ipak - format - Fmeta - format

Programs:

H2a-inflate - SuP

On 5/18/2020 at 3:08 PM, Pfhunkie said:

I feel like there must be a way to convert from Trial to MD so does anyone know a way to convert from MD to CE? I know it's a stretch and I haven't heard of a tool but that may be a way forward for this.

Pearl 2 is able to convert from Trial/Demo to PC, but converting to CE is harder. Maybe invader can do it?

Years ago I made a diagram for all the different conversions, but there wasn't any good way to convert to CE at the time.

Edited by WaeV

5 hours ago, WaeV said:

Pearl 2 is able to convert from Trial/Demo to PC, but converting to CE is harder. Maybe invader can do it?

Years ago I made a diagram for all the different conversions, but there wasn't any good way to convert to CE at the time.

You extract all of the tags with invader-extract and then rebuild the map with invader-build. invader-build can target all versions of Halo PC.

uXsTMFx.png

WaeV likes this

On 4/17/2014 at 10:33 PM, Kavawuvi said:

I'm now working on the patcher. Know that it is not a replacement to a CE->FV converter like Pearl, and only works with Halo full version maps that have been made into a hybrid map from this method. It is to be used to replace the last step, with the hex editor.

I've uploaded the patcher. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30298900/000Release/BabelCL/babel.exe

An OS X version will probably not be released.

The syntax is babel.exe <path to map>. Let me know if there are any issues with it, and I will help address them. It will undo changes it makes if you run it through the patcher again.

For PC->CE, it will require all bitmaps and sounds to be internalized, as well as the 44 ustr tags located in the tagc tag "ui\ui_tags_loaded_multiplayer_scenario_type" from a stock CE multiplayer map.

For CE->PC, in addition to all bitmaps and sounds being internalized, it will require all tags to be internalized, as Halo PC does not support indexed tags.

@Kavawuvi looks like the link is dead. Could you re-upload :)?  I was wondering if I can convert my modded HPC maps to HCE and host them on a server? Would players be able to join?

8 minutes ago, SmG Cloud said:

@Kavawuvi looks like the link is dead. Could you re-upload :)?  I was wondering if I can convert my modded HPC maps to HCE and host them on a server? Would players be able to join?

Unfortunately, I don't have the program anymore, so I can't re-upload it. Sorry.

You could convert your modded maps to Halo Custom Edition maps if you wanted. Players would need to have the maps present in order to join, though, but you can get msalerno1965 to host them on his map repo provided you rename them properly (filename and in the cache file's header) and people who have HAC2 or Chimera can then download them.

51 minutes ago, Kavawuvi said:

Unfortunately, I don't have the program anymore, so I can't re-upload it. Sorry.

You could convert your modded maps to Halo Custom Edition maps if you wanted. Players would need to have the maps present in order to join, though, but you can get msalerno1965 to host them on his map repo provided you rename them properly (filename and in the cache file's header) and people who have HAC2 or Chimera can then download them.

ah I see alright thank you!

Edited by SmG Cloud