What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Allakel

I am just venting tonight! Please give me your best advice :)

18 posts in this topic

So, I know this person that has its parents fight its battles for it. How is that person going to survive in this world if that person can not fight its own battles? I don't understand that at all!! So I get a phone call from its mother telling me what I am expected to do and what I have to do and what I need to do. Excuse me!? How am I suppose to even react to that? If you cant afford it then you should not have a wedding. 

Edited by Allakel

<3Allakel<3

Tiddy-bits:

it

Protecting gender i suppose??

So I get a phone call from its mother telling me what I am expected to do and what I have to do and what I need to do. Excuse me!? How am I suppose to even react to that?

WTF!!!

That would all depend on what 'advice' she is telling you.  Will it help 'it' or is her call more of a warning to you?  Sounds to me like the mother has issues herself.  There's a name for this parental behavior called 'helicopter parenting' sad but true.

Best you decipher her intention carefully.

Allakel likes this

Simply to set the record straight, the duty of a bridesmaid is to pay for your own dress, hair and makeup, shoes, any accessories (sometimes a gift from the bride), and some portion of the bachelorette party so the maid of honor doesn't have to pay for it all by herself. In some instances but not all the parents do pay for some of it but that is if you have a huge budget because lets face it, weddings are expensive. I've never been in a wedding where I did not have to pay for my own hair and makeup, the dress, and all the accessories that went with it. 

Allakel likes this

Simply to set the record straight, the duty of a bridesmaid is to pay for your own dress, hair and makeup, shoes, any accessories (sometimes a gift from the bride), and some portion of the bachelorette party so the maid of honor doesn't have to pay for it all by herself. In some instances but not all the parents do pay for some of it but that is if you have a huge budget because lets face it, weddings are expensive. I've never been in a wedding where I did not have to pay for my own hair and makeup, the dress, and all the accessories that went with it.

I'm a little confused right now.

m68Vl5E.jpg

So are you the mother or 'it'?  *making a huge presumption of course*

Allakel likes this

So are you the mother or 'it'?  *making a huge presumption of course*

She's the "it" in this circumstance.

Allakel and Krazychic like this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.