Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

v3nture

Official Anime Thread

254 posts in this topic

i now need a new show to watch

jg if you havent watched akito the exiled yet, Id recommend it.

Roger that. I'll add it to my queue. Next up is Gurren Lagann, then Sword Art Online.

You, and everyone, should definitely watch Code Geass if you haven't already. The main character, Lelouch, is a fucking lunatic.

m68Vl5E.jpg

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Currently watching Fate/Zero. Something grav wrote a while ago got me interested in the Fate franchise and I recently got around to watching some of the animes.

Speaking of Gurren Lagann, I've started watching that again along with Neon Genesis Evangelion. Two great shows that I never get tired of watching.

bZL1xvV.png

You need to watch the three episodes of Cyber City OEDO 808. Manly dubbing, badass music, cyberpunk as fuck. I believe it was made by the same guy that did Vampire Hunter D, shame it couldn't have gotten a movie or a full blown series.

Assuming you haven't watched FLCL, that's pretty good. But I think everybody's seen it by now.

xgd0s9.jpg

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.

So many times have I watched this Anime. It'd be somewhere between 20-35. First anime I've completed and my favorite by far.

Anyhow, I'm currently watching...

To Aru Majutsu no Index (just completed)

To Aru Majutsu no Index 2 (haven't started)

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (completed)

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S (completed)

This is that kind of anime where it's the same anime but it tells the stories of two different characters from their point of view. If you were to watch it I'd recommend starting with Railgun as it will make a lot more sense when you watch Index afterwards.

Railgun will tell the story from this girls (right) point of view, while Index will tell the story from the guys (left) point of view.

Toaru_Kagaku_no_Railgun_S_E11_03m_20s.jp

"You're nothing but a thing to me."                         "Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit."        

-Tucker933 2016                                                                                           -Badga666 2017

I've been a bit slack lately. I started watching a few of last seasons anime and haven't caught up yet. despite this im following:
-No Game No Life
-Mekakucity Actors
-Hitsugi no Chaika
-Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
-Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san

@ShikuTeshi the Index/Railgun series' are awesome! though id actually recommend watching them in the order they were aired in, as Index S1&2 actually cover more of the main story, with Railgun filling in smaller (not less important by anymeans) details that Index left out. You should also get around the movie "Toaru Majutsu no Index Movie: Miracle of Endymion"

@Durandal ill add that to my list, cuz Vampire Hunter D was madcore. Also FLCL is just.... loopy :P

@Gosper if you haven't finished Code Geass R2 yet, then you dont know half of how crazy lelouch is :P and also the Akito the Exiled OVA's are well worth the watch and wait between releases.

@v3nture som of my personal faves are :

-Shinsekai Yori
-Mirai Nikki
-Death Note (Classic)
-Darker Than Black
-Jormungand

@Anthony gigguk did a great job with the abridged version, but the original is well worth the watch. alos means you'll get like 100% more of the jokes :P

Pretty pumped this thread got started. i reckon one of the only thing i like as much as halo is anime :P

Ive seen all of those and the only one I really liked was the first season of dtb

W3dj7ja.gif

fuck that second season

death note was ight I guess.  L>Near

Edited by v3nture