What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NeX

Petition to Steam for HPC/CE. Probably won't do jack, but it's worth a shot.

32 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

Yes. It'll at the very least (and most likely) only bring attention to the subject. I doubt this will have any actual impact on a policy, but it may be enough to sway a decision that's already on the edge of being made. 

Either way, it can't hurt, so I went ahead and spread it to everyone I could.

Kavawuvi likes this

KsqHutE.png

I dont think this is necessary at all with the management change at microsoft. Under Balmer, there was this strict policy of not letting any department do anything that might compete with another department. Nadella has already made some big moves away from that policy, such as allowing DX12 to go on Windows 7, making windows licences free for devices under 9 inches, and letting a Halo title get released on steam.

Porting HPC to steam is just going to be a matter of cost effectiveness at this point. You should really be petitioning for Halo 3.

I dont think this is necessary at all with the management change at microsoft. Under Balmer, there was this strict policy of not letting any department do anything that might compete with another department. Nadella has already made some big moves away from that policy, such as allowing DX12 to go on Windows 7, making windows licences free for devices under 9 inches, and letting a Halo title get released on steam.

Porting HPC to steam is just going to be a matter of cost effectiveness at this point. You should really be petitioning for Halo 3.

'Porting' it to Steam would simply be a matter of changing the server list host, getting it on the store page, and adding the ability to join games your friends are playing. Halo 3 would have a larger amount of hoops to jump through to get it working on PC.

'Porting' it to Steam would simply be a matter of changing the server list host, getting it on the store page, and adding the ability to join games your friends are playing. Halo 3 would have a larger amount of hoops to jump through to get it working on PC.

Read those last two sentences of my post a couple more times.

Edited by Luke

Read those last two sentences of my post a couple more times.

I've read them correctly. I believe it would be more cost effective to re-release a game you already have on the platform in question to a content distributor than it would be to port the newer game that isn't even compatible with the platform.

Edited by Legion

I've read them correctly. I believe it would be more cost effective to re-release a game you already have on the platform in question to a content distributor than it would be to port the newer game that isn't even compatible with the platform.

I'm saying that if they think there's money to be made, they'll release it for steam, regardless of any petition. They've already demonstrated willingness.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0