What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Badga666

iPhone 4S randomly shutting off at any battery percentage

13 posts in this topic

So my iPhone is shutting off rather frequently, whether I'm listening to music, messaging, basically anything, however it will work for hours and hours at times, and at other times it won't stay on for more than a minute, I'm attempting to drain the battery currently to recalibrate it.

I've been googling for a few days now pretty much constantly and haven't found any results that have either worked or even reduced the issue. It's becoming an incredible inconvenience, I'm out of warranty, and don't have the money to have someone look over it.

Have you guys got anything that may help? I'm getting desperate now. If needed I can post crash logs if that will help in any way, I'm certain it's iOS assfucking itself.

Thanks in advance guys!

Also, it works perfectly fine when plugged in to the charger. <If that helps at all.

<UPDATE> 

It turned out to be the battery connector, I pulled the phone apart about an hour ago, and sure enough, one of the screws for the battery connector was missing, and a bit of MacGyver work and my phone is now pretty much flawless (except for the broken lock button).

NAILED IT/10

"It's massive. Probably hard to tell from the picture.                                 "If you're up for it. You've done it before, right?"           

But it broke so now I'm using a puny one..." - ShikuTeshi 2017                                                                          -Tucker933 2017

Tiddy-bits:

Most modern lithium batteries don't need to recalibrate, as the "ghosting" glitch that prompts it has been mostly engineered out. You're likely dealing with a bad battery, a virus (yes iPhones can get viruses), or a general hardware problem.

Take it into Apple or an experienced technician.

As I've already said Mars that's something I can't do, I have run out of warranty and I don't have the money to pay for it.

"It's massive. Probably hard to tell from the picture.                                 "If you're up for it. You've done it before, right?"           

But it broke so now I'm using a puny one..." - ShikuTeshi 2017                                                                          -Tucker933 2017

As I've already said Mars that's something I can't do, I have run out of warranty and I don't have the money to pay for it.

Okies. Have you tried doing a factory reset and waiting for it to happen again?

Crash logs might help. Pop the most recent IOS one into pastebin and post a link here.

I'll have to do that later dood, I have an exam to pop off to, I'll screenshot the report and post it here later though :)

Floofies likes this

Is it running the latest updates?  iOS has really gone to shit lately.  I'm gonna say the battery is fine, otherwise the phone would report odd percentages or drastic changes due to the low/fluctuating voltage from a bad battery.  I'm sure there is "malware" for iOS, but I'm 92.4% certain that the closest thing you'll ever be able to find are shitty apps that are full of obnoxious ads that take you to dangerous phishing sites.  So that brings us back to iOS shitting itself for no reason.

oVoXWXc.png

That's a very specific percentage Skeez lol, but it's done incredibly well today, only shut off once, and I've read the majority of crash reports, it's all pointing to the kernel. Apples fault again, lovely.

Also, Mars, I've restored and updated it 4 times already, that is not the cause. It's just bad coding on Apples part according to the crash reports.

That's a very specific percentage Skeez lol, but it's done incredibly well today, only shut off once, and I've read the majority of crash reports, it's all pointing to the kernel. Apples fault again, lovely.

Also, Mars, I've restored and updated it 4 times already, that is not the cause. It's just bad coding on Apples part according to the crash reports.

Is it jailbroken?  Can you revert to an older version of iOS?  Like whatever build was available before iOS 7 came out would probably be best.  I'm not quite up to speed on what they're at now, but from what I've seen version 7 is when iphones started losing their shit, especially older (pre-5) models.

oVoXWXc.png

They're at 7.1, and no I can't downgrade, or believe me I would, it isn't jailbroken either, I'm not up for constantly respringing to apply changes LOL.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0