Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Floofies

[Rainmeter] WebParser Plugin & Cookies

13 posts in this topic

Okay, cool. Being written by the original authors generally means it has the best sort of documentation. It doesn't look that easy to just tack on cookie support, unfortunately. :/

How far does the Python script get? Can it scrape the website properly, and your issue is hooking it up to rainmeter?

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Okay, cool. Being written by the original authors generally means it has the best sort of documentation. It doesn't look that easy to just tack on cookie support, unfortunately. :/

How far does the Python script get? Can it scrape the website properly, and your issue is hooking it up to rainmeter?

I've no idea. Rainmeter has it's own [MeasureScript] calls that it uses with LUA, though. http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/script

Rainmeter is capable of opening external files through !bangs, so I was thinking I'd just have it invoke the script in an executable that runs in the backgound. Then, as the script stores data in a file, Rainmeter will use it's WebParser plugin, which can read normal text and html files, to read it into Rainmeter itself. I haven't tried anything yet.

Want to talk in Skype or something?

Totally at the end of my rope here... The best option so far seems to be to run an external application and then have Rainmeter read the resultant file, but I have no idea how to do it.