What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Floofies

[Rainmeter] WebParser Plugin & Cookies

13 posts in this topic
Impossible, as cookies aren't supported in the rainmeter WebParser plugin. I want to design a workaround.

Initially, I tried to use an IE cookie exploit to load pages that required a cookie, but that didn't work for me for some reason. After a bit of googling, I found a python script that does parts of what I need to do. ( http://paste.pound-python.org/?reply_to=10517 ) I'm trying to do the following:

1. Log in or get a login cookie for Furaffinity.net

2. Parse the content of the http://www.furaffinity.net/controls/messages/ page (Literal text of: 12345 Submissions, 3 Journals, etc...)

3. Display the information in a meter (6 meters in one config)

It may be possible to parse the page using a script (such as the one above, which logs in, allegedly), load the information into a file/variable, and then use webparser/variable calls to load the information into a measure/meter. Opinions? There must be a way to get this to work.

I don't expect anyone here to know about rainmeter, but I don't know a thing about Python or any other language. As long as I can parse a webpage that requires a cookie, I'm happy.

Tiddy-bits:

If you're doing thins on something that supports .net i could make an application that could login to the website goto certain url and save the html to a text file or something. you would send login information and stuff to it via command line arguments.

Thats really the only work around i can think of if rain meter cant store cookies you need for the pages.

Floofies likes this

PfXuCLa.png

If you're doing thins on something that supports .net i could make an application that could login to the website goto certain url and save the html to a text file or something. you would send login information and stuff to it via command line arguments.

Thats really the only work around i can think of if rain meter cant store cookies you need for the pages.

Rainmeter's webparser plugin can read text and html files as well, so I can easily read a saved file. That sounds like it would work! Ideally I'd want to run a script within rainmeter (LUA or Python or something), but a back-end application would also work.

I'm not sure if rainmeter supports .NET, but .NET runtime libraries are required to run it, so maybe?

I'm not sure if rainmeter supports .NET, but .NET runtime libraries are required to run it, so maybe?

That means it's almost definitely written in C#/.Net, but that doesn't give you much. SnipeYa's plan will work as long as Rainmeter can invoke external programs.

That means it's almost definitely written in C#/.Net, but that doesn't give you much. SnipeYa's plan will work as long as Rainmeter can invoke external programs.

The site says: "Install required C++ and .NET runtime libraries if needed."

Also yeah, rainmeter uses "Bangs" to interact with the system and files: http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/bangs

I made an app to get halo 3/ODST stats back in the day, that did basically the same exact thing. Wouldn't be to hard to modify.

Floofies likes this

PfXuCLa.png

Update from the Rainmeter forums!:

One option is to write your own WebParser plugin. Years ago I had a similar issue within an app I was writing and I made use of .NET's CookieContainer class. I noticed there's a set of .NET plugin templates in the Plugin forum. Depending on how much you want it, it might be worth checking out.

WaeV likes this

Who wrote the original rainmeter WebParser plugin? Does it come with rainmeter by default, or is it third-party? Is it open or closed source?

Also, does WebParser have any documentation? Is it any good? What's the link?

I made an app to get halo 3/ODST stats back in the day, that did basically the same exact thing. Wouldn't be to hard to modify.

Do you have the source for this somewhere, or (even better) is it on Github?

Who wrote the original rainmeter WebParser plugin? Does it come with rainmeter by default, or is it third-party? Is it open or closed source?

Also, does WebParser have any documentation? Is it any good? What's the link?

WebParser comes with Rainmeter, and it's completely open source. I dunno who wrote it.

http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/plugins/webparser

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0